Beverage Tastings

Another vote for chocolate and liquor. It was great and some of the best chocolate. lol. It was the most expensive though at $35

To clarify my comments about the mixology class. While all were pretty fun and we learned something in some of them, the best we ever had was on the Dream where we had less then ten people and we each got to get behind the bar in Skyline and make a batch of drinks for everyone using the techniques we were learning. This happened to be our first and best experience.

On other cruises while we learned stuff and new drinks, it couldn't be as hands on due to the number of people attending. What would be great is if they offered more times and limited it to say 10 people to allow everyone some time behind the bar which was a very unique and fun experience:)

Our Mixology class on the Dream had 12 people in it and it was a blast. Everyone got behind the bar and made all of their own drinks. You definitely want a small group for that class. I think people that end up in classes of 30-40 are going to be disappointed.

OK so I did a few on my last 2 cruises so here are my opinions:

MIXOLOGY
I have done 2 different types. The first one we got to make one cocktail for 4 people each infront of the bar. This was so much fun and but I honestly can't remember what the cocktails were or how to make them. The second style was where drinks were partially made up in front of you and you got to pour bits of the cocktails but also got to learn a bit about them. This was definitely different to the first type and I think I got more out of this one. I belive these were $25 each.

WINE TASTING
My only experience was one wine tasting one and it wasn't the best. Although I'm sure he knew his stuff he didn't really speak loud enough and therefore it wasn't very enjoyable in that sense. The wines themselves were lovely. Again I think this was $20.

CHOCOLATE & LIQUEUR
Although I enjoyed this I have only done it once as its the same each time. It was nice but I wouldn't rush to do it again. I think this was $35 (not 100% sure).

DESSERT WINE & PORT
Now this was $35 and I thought I would be disappointed. In all honesty this was one of the best tastings I've ever done. You got 2 desserts, a brownie and a peice of cheese plus 6 wines to try (2 ports and 4 dessert wines). It was lovely to try the wines with the different desserts as well and to see the different taste combinations.
(Just to add I thought the whiskey was also $35 but it might not have been)

MARTINIS
I'm not a great lover so I think this one was wasted on me. If you like a good martini then its probably also a waste as I've heard that the "classic" martini you get isn't really that good either. I think if you like "martini style" drinks then this is an OK one to try and I think this was $25.

BEER
This is one where again I'm always disappointed as the beers don't change much. If you like to try different beers then its probably worth giving it a go once. I've been twice and it was informative and enjoyable both times but wont be rushing to do again. This was $20 I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter