1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Better to Book Trip Sooner or Later?

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by canadawithboys, Feb 12, 2013.

1. canadawithboys

canadawithboys Earning My Ears

We took our first trip to Disney World in September and LOVE it, and want to go back soon! I'm considering another Disney World trip for my family, possibly October or December of this year... or somewhere around then. ;) What I'm wondering is... is it better to book ASAP, or to wait? Some things I want to take into consideration are things like:

Are plane tickets going to likely be cheaper farther from the date, or closer to? (I'm in Canada.)

Am I going to have a better chance of getting the resort I want (will be first time at a Disney Resort, as we stayed at the Hilton Downtown Disney last year) if I book sooner? Will I run the risk of not getting rooms later on?
    If I wait, is it possible that promotions or room discounts will become available later on and closer to the date of the trip?

Is it good to wait until closer to decide which resort to book into, in order to review current client comments on places like Trip Advisor, etc?

How soon do things like character breakfasts get booked up? (if we should decide to do any.)

Is there extreme weather in Orlando or things that can be predicted closer to the date that make it preferable to wait?

Are there other things I should consider when deciding when to book sooner or later and what are they?

So, how far in advance do you book your Disney World vacation, and why?
    Thanks in advance!! :D

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Welcome!

4. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

My answers are in red. :teeth:

You're welcome! I hope the information I've provided is useful to you. If you have other questions or need clarification on anything I've posted, don't hesitate to ask. :goodvibes

:welcome: to the DIS, and I hope your trip is magical! pixiedust:

5. canadawithboys

canadawithboys Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks BearcatsFan, that is SUPER helpful!

Lol, that's pretty much how our plane tickets work here too! I wasn't sure if there was any dates that are crazy expensive or crazy cheap for Orlando... probably follows a similar pattern as we do here!

That's awesome that a promo can be applied later if wanted! Can you do that if you book room only originally, or do you have to have a package all along?

For trip reviews, I was thinking along the lines of if there was a recent bedbug outbreak or something, lol! I know I know, that sounds paranoid! (Much thanks to my cousin who got me thinking about that subject in the first place!) ;)

Great to know about the character breakfasts! I didn't realize you could book your whole stay from the arrival date, that definitely helps! I will know to call right away then, as soon as the 180 days are here!

I had just come across the seasons list! That is extremely helpful! I used to work in the hotel industry and it seems like Disney has a much more understandable and stable pricing system! (as opposed to rates which were decided by the whim of whoever is on duty.) This helps me in my planning as I know it's pretty much going to be the same rate regardless of who is on the phone.

Thank you SO much for all your info, I feel very much more "ready" to plan my trip! :D

6. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

You're welcome - glad I could help! :goodvibes