Better BBQ--Whispering Canyon or Flame Tree BBQ???

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Angies1274, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Hi--My DH LOVES BBQ so we are considering checking out either Whispering Canyon or Flame Tree BBQ on our next visit to WDW. Which is better or is there someplace even better that I don't know about??? THANKS.....

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kabuki

kabuki <font color=green>It's free if you pass out in the

Flame Tree is great and we would go there. But there are not any "authentic" BBQ places in WDW.....if that is what you are after.

4. cancer_survivor_06

cancer_survivor_06 DIS Veteran

Flame tree is a good couter service meal we ate at WCC for lunch we all shared the skillet and it was really good.

5. Conservative Hippie

Conservative Hippie You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you

Definitely get the skillet at WCC. We are from Texas and were seriously missing BBQ. DH's coworkers told him the skillet at WCC was as close as you can get in Orlando. It's pretty good!

We also like Flame Tree for a quick fix.

6. wildeoscar

wildeoscar DIS Veteran

last week the ribs at Flame Tree were close to being inedible, but the pulled pork sandwich was good.

7. diseverestfan

diseverestfan WDW Fan

There have been quite a few complaints recently here on the boards about WCC ( me included ). On our last visit to WCC, the food was about as bad as any food I've ever had in disney, and the service was horrible. We were there for nearly 3 hours ( with 3 children:mad: )
    We go to Flame Tree on every visit and have enjoyed the ribs each time. I guess sometimes it's a crapshoot as to how good the food is at any given time.

8. ammo

ammo DIS Veteran

Fire those co-workers! Bubbaloo's and Cecil's are both better than WCC for Texas-style BBQ, and there may be others (but I only lived in Orlando for a year, so I didn't have time to try them all).

9. mx3man123

mx3man123 Mouseketeer

I ate at both last trip and the pulled pork sandwich from Flame tree was great and the skillet from WCC was just OK.

10. mrsltg

mrsltg Guest

I don't care for WCC because the food is served in a metal skillet. I guess I am sensitive to the taste, but the metal definitely picked up into the food. I couldn't eat it. The service wasn't great, either.

We've always enjoyed Flame Tree, though!

11. Pirate-Jeff

Pirate-Jeff DIS Veteran

12. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

I liked Flame tree when we were there a few weeks ago...it was good. The kids had hotdogs, the teens had the pulled pork sandwiches and I had the 1/2 chicken while hubby had the ribs. It was all good...and the cornbread is DELISH! My only complaint was that there were no additional condiments at the little bar off to the side, I needed sugar for my tea and some additional sauce would have been nice.

13. Melisa1

Melisa1 DIS Veteran

I have not been to WCC but I love Flame tree BBQ!:thumbsup2

14. smfnj

smfnj The ribs are on the smoker!!!

The bbq at Flame Tree and Big River Grille are slow smoked over low heat. I've been told the same is true of the ribs at Boma but I have not had them, yet. Flame tree ribs were naked, dry rub only with sauce on the side. The ribs at Big river grille had rub and sauce, both were VERY good.

Slow smoked over wood or wood & lump/coal is about as authentic as you can get. Of course the cook has a lot to do with it as well as the type of smoke wood for each meat.

Steve

15. Conservative Hippie

We tried Cecil's--were not impressed.

16. Conservative Hippie

I don't know about sugar, but there are two different sauces available at a little condiment stand to the left of the food counter--spicy BBQ and sweet.

17. HUFF590

HUFF590 DIS Veteran

I also ate at both this year and I like Flame Tree the best.

18. eeyorefan74

eeyorefan74 DIS Veteran

Love the 1/2 chicken meal at Flame Tree. It's also more convenient as you don't have to make a special trip to Wilderness Lodge. We thought WCC was just okay, though we enjoyed the bottomless milkshakes.