Best youth or teen diaper

Lisa71

Adoption Rocks!
Our DS is almost 6 but the size of a 10 year old and not toilet trained yet. We are trying different types of diapers now but any help would be appreciated. He is 49 inches and 72 lbs and has a long waist.

My daughter is a little taller but the same weight, TranquilityATN, size small and Molicare (super plus is what we use, extra absorbant) size small both fit well and plenty of room up high, we usually fold over an inch or two front and back.

You might also want to look into Goodnights. They are marketed for children with bed wetting issues, but work well or children with disabilities.
http://www.goodnites.com/

They come in male and female versions (with more absorbency in the correct place for each). They are pull up type style and come in sizes to fit up to clothing sizes 8-14 - up to 125 pounds.

I remember I was so upset when they started making Goodnights smaller. Trust me, they did this years back, they restyled them, and my son was right on the edge of still fitting in them.

Then we went to the S/M Depends, and it was fine. (This tip is for later down the road of course, he is an adult and 160 pounds). Sometimes I get the womens instead of mens, they put more in the box (same price). Both work the same for DS, he only has an overnight BM situation, stays dry (somehow- it's a medical mystery).

And I take it off on my taxes as a medical expense.

I remember I was so upset when they started making Goodnights smaller. Trust me, they did this years back, they restyled them, and my son was right on the edge of still fitting in them.

Then we went to the S/M Depends, and it was fine. (This tip is for later down the road of course, he is an adult and 160 pounds). Sometimes I get the womens instead of mens, they put more in the box (same price). Both work the same for DS, he only has an overnight BM situation, stays dry (somehow- it's a medical mystery).

And I take it off on my taxes as a medical expense.
I don't know why they get rid of Medium and combined everything else into 2 sizes.
The extra large do still fit my DD who is disabled, but she is pretty small - 5 feet tall and about 82 pounds.

Thanks everyone we have tried the goodnights and they worked when he was shorter but he gets plumbers butt now with them!! We will try some of those brands. Love this forum!

I don't know why they get rid of Medium and combined everything else into 2 sizes.
The extra large do still fit my DD who is disabled, but she is pretty small - 5 feet tall and about 82 pounds.

Prevail still makes a size small - it's Youth/Small Adult. That's what we currently use. DD is just over 4 ft tall and 60 lbs, and has no overnight control. She soaks through the Goodnights or any kid/teen product, those just aren't absorbent enough so we have to use "adult" brands. We've had good luck with both Prevail and Tena which I believe also has a Youth/Small Adult size though we haven't bought that brand for quite a while now so not sure.

We are currently using Goodnights for our 9 year old, 82 pounds. We tried Curity pants but they leaked terribly plus when wearing certain clothes other children could tell she was wearing a diaper.

I like huggies goodnights. My son is 9 and wears a size 10 pants. He wears the s-m pants. We have used the pampers brand under jams but they are very cheaply made on the sides and rip very easily. My oldest for a while had to use depends. I am sure your son would fit the huggies though.

My son is 9 yo and 95 lbs. We use the Goodnights XL at night, but I feel like finding something roomier and more comfy to sleep in. :laundy:

Midnightred

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter