Best Western Stovall's Inn

chellebelle

Mouseketeer
I am a little worried, my husband and I are leaving for DL/DCA in 45 days and we have booked the Best Western Stovall's Inn to stay at and I have read quite a few reviews and am now concerned about this hotel. I remember staying here 15 years ago and from what I remember it was a good experience.

Should I be concerned about this hotel??

My biggest concern would be distance. Its not what I would consider walking distance. You will probably want to drive or take ART. Walking in the morning might not be bad, but by evening it will be a very long walk.

I just read some of the reviews and it looks like, recently, it may have gone downhill. Also keep in mind that the entrance to the parks is not on this street. You will have quite a walk to the entrance, or you could take the shuttle.

There are quite a few motels/hotels right on Harbor Blvd. across from the pedestrian entrance that are more than decent. The Tropicana has been suggested in other threads. I've never stayed there, but it looks nice. Howard Johnson is also nice.

Now this is simply an opinion from just the very small exposure we had with BW-Stovall. We had to stop off at the Stovall Inn on our SuperShuttle route the day we arrived at DL. I thought the property itself looked pretty run down and it was a good distance from the DL gates. I was relieved with the condition of the HoJo when we pulled up there in comparison to what Stovall looked like. The Best Western Park Place Inn and the other Best Western on Harbor looked much much nicer and the distance to the park was much better!

I don't think I'd stay there. Even if it were the same as the Best Western Park Place Inn, which by the reviews I'd say it's worse, it's pretty far away and in an awkward position relative to the park. I think they are both around the same price too. If I'm going to be at a further hotel that isn't as nice I'd want it to be quite a bit cheaper.

Sorry for all the questions I have been asking

First off thank you for the replies I got on the Stovall's hotel, I have taken all of the reviews into my decision and I believe my husband & might be changing hotels,

Have any of you stayed in the Clarion Hotel its located next to the convention centre. all your replies are very much asppreciated

Don't know anything about BW Stovall's but we just stayed at HOJO (again) and really enjoyed it. Big room, very quiet and helpful staff. We also got a great Entertainment Club rate as well! HOJO isn't very far from the main gate...probably a 5 minute walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter