Best Western Movieland

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed at Best Western Movieland recently? I'm considering spending three nights there, while we visit Universal Studios and Sea World next year.

I've been there. Here's my review:

I stayed at the Best Western Movieland on 11/9/02. This hotel is on the DIS’s hotel discount section. Current rates start at $36 per night.

The hotel is located on International Drive. It’s right across from Wet N Wild. It’s less than a block from Universal Blvd. and about a mile to Universal.

The hotel is a no frills place. There is no onsite restaurant, gift shop, or food store. In keeping with its Movieland name, the hallways have many movie posters hanging on its walls.

My room was on the second floor near the elevators. The window gave a view of the parking lot. The room was very clean and quite roomy. A family of four could stay in the room quite comfortably. However, watch out for the morning rush as the rooms have only one sink! Take a number if you want to wash your face in the morning.

If you need to eat, the Black Angus Steakhouse is next door. Hotel guests receive a 10% off coupon. The Steakhouse serves breakfast and meals were around $4. The hotel is also across the street from the all-you-can eat buffet at Sizzler’s, a mini-golf place called Congo River Golf, and the thrill ride Katanga. Don’t eat the buffet and then ride Katanga though! You can also walk to the many other restaurants and stores on International Drive. Take the I-Ride Trolley if you want to visit someplace on the other end of I-Drive.

The only complaint that I have on the hotel is some of the signage. Some of the signage on the first floor directs you to the lobby, but the arrows point you to the pool or the parking lot! I was lost a few times while searching for the lobby.

Otherwise, the hotel is a very good bargain. If you can live without room service or an onsite restaurant and gift shop, stay a night or two at the Best Western Movieland.

Nive review Barry.
No frills are needed. We'll probably only be putting ourselves to bed while there. I have a rate of $49 so far, but I have quite some time to get a lower on, but $49 is good for us.

One more question- Since it's on I-Drive AND across from Wet & Wild, how's the noise level?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter