Best Weather proof or water proof Digital.

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by DawnCt1, Nov 6, 2005.

1. DawnCt1

DawnCt1 <font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he

I have Kodak Easy Share DX4330. My big complaint is the lens cap. I don't like lens caps. It doesn't stay on well, etc. I am thinking of replacing it with a weatherproof camera that I can take in the rain, etc and not worry about getting it wet. Olympus makes a couple. Pentax also makes a waterproof camera but I think I read some pros and cons on that. Any opinions on the Olympus Digitals?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ndelaware

ndelaware DIS Veteran

4. DawnCt1

The lens actually does but it still needs to be kept clean requiring the lens cap. I actually like the clam shell cover and I am still interested in a weatherproof unit.

5. ndelaware

ndelaware DIS Veteran

6. DawnCt1

I had actually read several negatives about the view finder on that camera. My Kodak lacks the 'little doors" over the lens. I have a Pentax with the iris type closure, its a 35 mm. The little doors broke and I have had to push them open when I turn the camera on. They do not close all the way. The cost of repair exceeds replacement so I bought a 35 mm weatherproof Olympus 35 mm. (sometimes I just like film) with a clam shell closure. I prefer that type of closure because the lens is always protected and its almost failure proof.