Best way to snag a ressie at Be Our Guest

Mazz519

DIS Veteran
We will be in DW 12/26-01/03... last year we were unable to get a reservation at be our guest. It seemed that even at the 180+5 day mark they were already booked... any suggestions on what to do to try and get one this year or past experiences or is it just luck....Thanks

For our trip last March, we booked past 180 days so we weren't able to get a dinner ADR here. I checked on line, a few times a week, until I found one a month or so before the trip.

We are also heading to WDW next week and I wanted to try BOG lunch. I just kept looking around and I eventually found one. Also, I joined a few Facebook groups for the month during my trip. Try searching for something like "WDW Planning Group June 2015" or something like that. There are lots of people on there looking for ADRs for the same time period as you, so they'll post something like "Just saw lots of BOG ADRs for Tuesday June 9th!" which is nice because then you can go on and check for one.

I also used Disneydiningbuddy.com to get my reservation. Less than a week after signing up, I had a reservation for the exact time I wanted.

I checked every day, 3 times a day for a month before our trip. 5 days out, I got a 9:40 pm dinner reservation; 2 days out, a 7:20 pm dinner reservation opened up for that same night, so I snagged it and canceled the later one. Your best bet is to start checking a week out and keep checking, multiple times a day, even until you are in the park. People cancel last minute in order to avoid the charge to their credit card for not showing up. Good luck!!!

Both DH and I were on our MDE accounts (I was on the desktop, he had the laptop) at 6am on our 180. BOG was the first restaurant we searched for. Ended up getting a 6:30 dinner res on day 9 of our trip, and an 8:30 dinner on day 5 or 6. When lunch reservations opened up, I randomly searched later in the day and ended up booking 11:45 lunch on day 3. (We kept the 11:45 lunch and 6:30 dinner.)

Persistence. Check daily. I found one exactly when I wanted it after about a week of checking several times a day.

I checked every day, 3 times a day for a month before our trip. 5 days out, I got a 9:40 pm dinner reservation; 2 days out, a 7:20 pm dinner reservation opened up for that same night, so I snagged it and canceled the later one. Your best bet is to start checking a week out and keep checking, multiple times a day, even until you are in the park. People cancel last minute in order to avoid the charge to their credit card for not showing up. Good luck!!!

Cancelling after 11:59 the evening before will incur the cancellation fee. It can not be truly "Last Minute".
I was on line at 6 AM 180 days in advance I looked for BOG dinner for day 180+6 first and was unable to book it. I have looked twice a day every day since with no luck yet.
I agree the closer I get the chances may be better and I will keep trying

I am always checking for the 4 reservations I am looking to get. I always see people say they snagged them 45 or fewer days before their reservations. I wonder if I'm wasting my time randomly looking before then. (I'm definately watching the cancelled thread and Facebook group as well.)

Persistence, but also using the 180+ to your advantage. Don't go for BOG toward the beginning of your trip, shoot for the end.

Think about it - most people go to Disney for Christmas OR NYE, not both. Most people that go for Christmas are gone by December 28th or 29th. You're competing with a much smaller group of people if you go for, say, January 2nd or 3rd rather than January 1st.

Don't even attempt January 1st. We stopped by MK on NYE Day and it was a nightmare - worse than Christmas! I'd say shoot for January 2nd or 3rd, or December 29th or 30th. We got the 30th last year. We initially tried for December 25th and then I realized my above advice and jumped to December 30th. (We go Dec. 24th through January 1st or 2nd.) My thinking was:

December 24th: Competing with guests arriving December 14th and later
December 25th: Competing with guests arriving December 15th and later
December 26th: Competing with guests arriving December 16th and later
December 27th: Competing with guests arriving December 17th and later
December 28th: Competing with guests arriving December 18th and later
December 29th: Competing with guests arriving December 19th and later
December 30th: Competing with guests arriving December 20th and later.

Most guests arriving December 20th are not staying through December 30th AND we're competing with far less people. In your case:

December 28th: Competing with guests arriving December 18th and later
December 29th: Competing with guests arriving December 19th and later
December 30th: Competing with guests arriving December 20th and later
December 31st: Competing with guests arriving December 21st and later
January 1st: Competing with guests arriving December 22nd and later
January 2nd: Competing with guests arriving December 23rd and later
January 3rd: Competing with guests arriving December 24th and later

I like your chances for January 2nd and 3rd. This is also when the crowds from Christmas start to die down a bit. Most people, even those that arrived for NYE, will be heading home on January 2nd and 3rd.

I am always checking for the 4 reservations I am looking to get. I always see people say they snagged them 45 or fewer days before their reservations. I wonder if I'm wasting my time randomly looking before then. (I'm definately watching the cancelled thread and Facebook group as well.)
What facebook group? I'd like to join that too.

Dont give up just keep checking we got our BOG adr by me just checking late at night from our hotel room

My trip this year is 10 days long, so I actually got BOG lunch and dinner with no problem, but on our 8th day for dinner. Lunch had tons of openings at the 180 day mark but nothing before our 8th day for dinner. That was the day I wanted it anyway, so it worked out great! The longer your trip is, the better chances you'll have getting dinner if you book it later in the trip. Lunch should be no problem, but the week you are going, it may be booked up! Last year, I tried every single day for BOG dinner adr and had no luck at all! And my trip was in November.

Cancelling after 11:59 the evening before will incur the cancellation fee. It can not be truly "Last Minute".
I was on line at 6 AM 180 days in advance I looked for BOG dinner for day 180+6 first and was unable to book it. I have looked twice a day every day since with no luck yet.
I agree the closer I get the chances may be better and I will keep trying

They have a 24 hour cancellation policy. I consider 2 days before, even once you are already in the park, pretty "last minute" :thumbsup2 I would encourage you to keep looking and not give up. I didn't book any ADR's at 180 days out and was still able to get every single thing I wanted for our trip, just by watching reservations the week before and even the week of our trip. Good luck, all!

They have a 24 hour cancellation policy. I consider 2 days before, even once you are already in the park, pretty "last minute" :thumbsup2 I would encourage you to keep looking and not give up. I didn't book any ADR's at 180 days out and was still able to get every single thing I wanted for our trip, just by watching reservations the week before and even the week of our trip. Good luck, all!

Although the policy is titled 24 hours in advance, or day before, ADR's can be cancelled up to 11:59 the night before without penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter