Best way to rent a vacation home?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Dallas_Lady, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

I am looking for a big house, probably 5-7 bedrooms. What sites do you recommend that I go to to search for one? I have done a google search, but about a million hits come up and I am just not sure who to trust and where to get the best price.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ALnRYSmom

ALnRYSmom Dreaming of Disney

Hey lady! You could have asked this on the DAMom boards. There are enough of us there talking WDW right now. :rotfl:

I found Windsor Hills Rent to a nice site run by some of the condo and villa owners. Others like to use VRBO or Florida Sun Vacation Rentals. I must say I'm pretty partial to Windsor Hills, they have a great rep here on the boards for being a fantastic resort and close to the parks.

hth!

4. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

You're on DAM? What's your name over there? I am Giovanna (though I think you have figured that out!)

5. Darcy03231

Darcy03231 DIS Veteran

6. Lisa AF

Lisa AF DIS Veteran

We always rent from owners. The most popular site is probably www.VRBO.com Make sure they have a local management company in case you have any problems and to be sure the home is legit. I also always check tax records before I make my downpayment.

Last year we rented from owners and were lucky enough to meet the owners of their management company. They were fabulous folks and I'd be happy to rent a property they managed anytime. The house was spotless. We had an air conditioning problem upon arrival and they had someone on it right away. The managment companies website is www.acaciaholidayhomes.com.

7. jaw737373

jaw737373 Earning My Ears

How did you check the tax record??

8. ALnRYSmom

ALnRYSmom Dreaming of Disney

Go to http://ira.property-appraiser.org/ then you can put in the address of the condo or the owner's name in the search boxes to verify that the unit is owned by the person stated on the rental agreement.

9. Sunrisedream

Sunrisedream Mouseketeer

orlandovillas.com verify all the homes on their site every 6 months

10. jaw737373

jaw737373 Earning My Ears

Thanks.........I verified it on the county appraiser's office. It is for real ....thank God. Got 6 nights for 400.00....4 bed, 3 bath and private pool and spa....2.5 miles from the gate!!! I am thrilled.:dance3: