Best way to go to international drive restaurants

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Vixster, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Vixster

Vixster DIS Veteran

We are going to be staying at a Disney hotel and when I was younger we stayed on international drive and the restuarants were really good what's the best way to go there from a Disney hotel and is it worth going as not been there since 2000 and wanted to show husband who hasn't been

2. Metro West

Metro West Nothing to see here...move along.

You can get to I Drive by any number of routes. It's just a touristy area with lots and lots of traffic. It probably hasn't changed much except for more businesses and more traffic.

3. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

If you want some "nicer" restaurants food-wise, (not touristy stops) I've also heard the ones around Sand Lake Road are also very nice.

4. DOOM1001

DOOM1001 DIS Veteran

It's definitely worth going to check out International Drive as well as the PP's suggestion of Restaurant Row on Sand Lake rd,I believe this area has developed a lot more than I Drive in the last 10 years with a lot of choices of nicer restaurants as well as fast casual type places.You can get to restaurant row from I Drive by turning west on Sand Lk rd from I Drive and going under the I-4 overpass.When you ask how do you get to International Drive from a Disney hotel you didn't make it clear if you were asking for driving directions or without a car.For driving directions there are several ways to get there depending from what hotel you're coming from.If you don't have a car I would take a cab from DTD to the Orlando Premium outlets Vineland ave location since they're relatively close and grab the I-Ride Trolley which takes you from the Vineland outlets to the north end of I Drive by the Orlando Premium outlets International Drive location very inexpensively,it won't give you access to Restaurant Row but it's a decent option to get to the area without a car.