• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to get rid of a mouse in the house

LMAO.

I consider mice rodents, not cute pets - but I can't stomach what the glue traps are designed to do. If you are going to kill it the snap trap is far more humane.

I prefer the humane traps and a dab of peanut butter. Usually catch it the first overnight it's down and I just go drop it off away from the house in the morning. I also prefer a live mouse in a little plastic box, than a dead mouse sitting in my house - especially with 3 dogs that could come across it.

So true! Although mouse with a side of peanut butter would be a great day for a dog...
:-D

So true! Although mouse with a side of peanut butter would be a great day for a dog...
:-D

My dogs don't eat mice. They chase it, kill it, nibble a bit - then if you're lucky, they'll leave its carcass sitting there. If you're not so lucky, they'll take it somewhere else in the house and "bury" it to play with later.

IMG_20150913_064114[2].jpg

The guy that has been eating the bird food on back patio...

...and the trap (uses 4 C batteries, good for 50 rats).

So far in the past couple of weeks, 4 rats and 1 squirrel.

I buy massive bottles of peppermint oil from vitacost.com. I've also purchased from Amazon. I prefer the vitacost "store brand", but the stuff I bought from Amazon wasn't bad either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter