Best way to get from OKW to Magic Kingdom?

Uno

Earning My Ears
We're going to MNSSHP on the 30th but won't be arriving at OKW till some time between 5:30 and 6:30. Since the party starts at 7:00 I was wondering what's the best way to get from OKW to MK? Should I use Disney Transportation or drive. If Disney Transportation, is there anything available other than buses?

The only Disney transportation is the bus. The advantage of the bus is that it drops you off right near the MK entrance. If you drive, you must park at the TTC and then take either the ferry or the monorail to get to the MK entrance turnstiles. My advice is to take the bus. Even if you have to wait a bit, the bus should get you there sooner than driving. JMHO. YMMV.

Enjoy the party!

We did MNSSH party on 10/19 while staying at OKW. We drove to TTC. It was great because most people were leaving, we got the first row right next to the walkway across the street. Took the monorail over, it was really fast. Have a great time!!!

As CarolMN said, being at the TTC means you still have to travel across the lagoon. If you take the bus, you will be dropped off right at the MK entrance. All in all, driving will probably take you longer than the bus will. It will also be much faster at the end of the day as well, because you wont have to get yourself back to the TTC before going home to OKW. In August, we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, and that one time we waited 10 minutes was when we came up just as the bus was leaving. I think the bus service from OKW is fantastic!

Not sure if this is quicker or not, but it was fun, we stayed at OKW last November, we would take the but to Epcot, ride the Monorail to the TTC and switch to the Monorail for the MK. The kids loved it!!

We took the bus from OKW to MNSSHP a couple of years ago, and just before the bus got to MK, a CM got onboard and gave each of the kids a trick-or-treat sack that was 'pre-loaded' with candy. I don't know if you get that on the monorail, but we're visiting OKW and attending MNSHHP next year, and we won't change a thing.

It sounds like you've got plenty of time, too.

The BEST way to get to MK from OKW would be to take the bus to Epcot, then transfer to the the WL bus.... then spend the day enjoying VWL, the lodge...maybe go for a swim, and have lunch at Whispering Canyon. Then you could layout by the beach... catch some sun... watch the boats.... Hey maybe you could rent a water mouse and tour around Bay Lake. After all that, see if you can get dinner ressies at one of the best restaurants at WDW, Artist Point, then go for an evening stroll around the grounds, check out the water pageant... relax by the fire, maybe play some checkers.... aahhhhh.

Wait a minute... what was the question again? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter