Best way to get from Kidani to V+A's?

UberClaire

Mouseketeer
We have a 6:15 reservation at Victoria and Alberts the night that we fly in to Kidani Village for our honeymoon. What is the best way to get there? We've thought of taking a taxi for convenience, otherwise taking the bus to MK and the monorail to the GF? This will be our first visit, so we're not familiar with the parks.

We have a 6:15 reservation at Victoria and Alberts the night that we fly in to Kidani Village for our honeymoon. What is the best way to get there? We've thought of taking a taxi for convenience, otherwise taking the bus to MK and the monorail to the GF? This will be our first visit, so we're not familiar with the parks.

Either of those approaches will work, but the cab will be faster and cost about $20. The bus-monorail approach could easily take you 45 minutes to an hour.

If you are dressed up for V&A dinner, you won't want to spend an hour (or longer) on the bus and on the monorail to get there. Take a cab there and back.

Wow, V&A on your arrival day? That would make me nervous. First, because of the $25 per person cancellation fee if your flight is delayed. (I personally don't make reservations at any location that requires a deposit for our travel days. You just never know.) Second, because it will certainly be one of the highlights of your trip, and it would be an absolute shame to miss it if you (or your luggage) arrive late.

Ok, where's the knock-on-wood smiley? I'll just use this one... pixiedust:

I agree with the recommendation to take a taxi. I think we were at the Boardwalk the first time we dined there, and did the bus to the Magic Kingdom/monorail to the Grand Floridian. It was odd to be all dressed up in our best clothes on the transportation with everyone heading to the parks in their shorts and tshirts. It was also hot and sweaty doing all that walking in the August heat. We were far from refreshed and relaxed when we arrived for our reservation.

Wow, V&A on your arrival day? That would make me nervous. First, because of the $25 per person cancellation fee if your flight is delayed. (I personally don't make reservations at any location that requires a deposit for our travel days. You just never know.) Second, because it will certainly be one of the highlights of your trip, and it would be an absolute shame to miss it if you (or your luggage) arrive late.

Our flight is supposed to land at 9:30am, so I'm hoping that we have a fair bit of wiggle room there in case the flight gets delayed. It's a direct flight, too, so we shouldn't have to worry about missing a connection or anything like that (and hopefully will mean that our luggage should arrive intact).

I agree that a taxi is the best way to go. Dh and I did the bus to MK and monorail to GF when we dined at V&A's our first time and like BirdsOfPrey said, it was a little awkward and uncomfortable being dressed up. We did take a taxi back to our resort; it was much more comfortable.

Honeymoon, V&A first night, go for it and don't worry about flight.

Getting inside a taxi at a resort and going anywhere keeps getting more and more expensive at WDW and the $20 mentioned is probably close to what you are looking at. That is the fastest way. Personally, I would probably try to save the $20 and take the bus and monorail but spouse would likely overrule me if dressed up for V&A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter