best way to get an AP?? gift card deal?

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by PKT531, Feb 23, 2010.

1. PKT531

PKT531 Mouseketeer

Is there a trick to getting a better rate on the AP?

As a FL resident is it cheaper to book the gift card deal thats out right now and the upgrade to an AP?

I have never had an AP and I don't know where to begin or what is the most cost effective way to get it.

thanks so much for any input! :love:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyfan55

disneyfan55 DIS Veteran

I am not a FL resident, but I think you still receive 15 months when you purchase an AP. THe only benefit to upgrading a ticket is if you already have it and prices have gone up since you purchased it and you use it before upgrading it. You will get the current gate price if you do that. We had 4 one day passes that we did this with 2 weeks ago. The passes were purchased before the rate increase last Aug and we received the current 1 day value to be applied to our regular APs.

4. mom2lns

mom2lns Mouseketeer

If you have a AAA membership--those AP prices are less expensive than the FL resident discount given by Disney. If you don't have AAA, I wouldn't buy the membership just for the Disney discount. Not sure about the 4 day FL resident deal and converting those. HTH

5. disneyfan55

disneyfan55 DIS Veteran

You can upgrade the 5 day passes that you have to purchase to get the free giftcard. I forgot to say that. Just figure the best overall price for what you want. Don't forget the FL res. discounts on rooms as well. Check prices for all disounts GP and AP as well sometimes rooms fill up for one discount and not the other.