Best way to get a room at Grand Californian and not break the bank?

Edelweiss

Mouseketeer
Greetings!

I have been planning our first trip to Disneyland. I think it would be so wonderful to stay at the Grand Californian. It looks amazing. I have talked to a few different sources about renting "points". For our family, that would be a one bedroom villa. The prices that came back were wow...pretty expensive. I am not expecting a bargain basement price, but well..um...reasonable?? We were hoping to go first week of October, but that is flexible.

So please be honest with me. Do I give up on this dream and just go ahead and get serious about booking a Good Neighbor Hotel??

Yep, the Grand takes a ton of points for a 1BR.
You save a little on Sun-Thu nights vs the weekend, but 39 points/night is still a bunch at $10-15/point rentals.

OKW in WDW is a lot more reasonable at 24 points/night.

FYI, you are really pushing it booking GCV this late. 1BR may have some availability exactly 7mo out, but its better to rent 11+ mo out from an owner.

Yep, the Grand takes a ton of points for a 1BR.
You save a little on Sun-Thu nights vs the weekend, but 39 points/night is still a bunch at $10-15/point rentals.

OKW in WDW is a lot more reasonable at 24 points/night.

FYI, you are really pushing it booking GCV this late. 1BR may have some availability exactly 7mo out, but its better to rent 11+ mo out from an owner.

That's a really good point. I keep thinking that myself. Maybe if we move our trip back to January, that might be a better strategy. I am realizing that 7 months out to Grand Californian is really pushing it for booking. Oh, the things a newbie like myself has to learn the hard way:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter