Best Way To Crush Oreo Cookies

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by mommy2emily, Nov 14, 2009.

1. mommy2emily

mommy2emily Mouseketeer

What is the best way to crush oreos if you do not have a food processor? I need to make them into a crumb base for cheesecake bars is there an easy way to do this without a processor?

Thanks

2. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

If I don't have a machine (food processor or grinder) then I put whatever I need to crush in a large ziplock bag and use my rolling pin to crush (roll it back and forth over the bag)- now I have a marble rolling pin so it is very heavy but I find it works better than anything else i have used. Without a heavy rolling pin I suppose I would use te side of a meat tenderorizer to pound them down in a ziplock bag (while on something dense and hard that will catch anything if the bag cracks open.

Rebecca

3. mommy2emily

mommy2emily Mouseketeer

I've been using the meat tenderizer but it takes so long. I will try the rolling pin next time since I have a heavy marble one too. Thank you I hadn't thought of that

4. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

I use my marble rolling pin to crush sugar lumps etc. as well (for cake toppings) - make sure you have a strong bag as thinner ones can rip and when you pick it up you trail crumbs over the worktop:rolleyes1