Best Way to Book two Studios?

Jkpark

DIS Veteran
We have two SSR studios booked for the night before our cruise (for us and friends of ours). When the 7 month window opens up, I want to try to move us to another resort. Our friends have never done WDW so I'm hoping to show them the monorail resorts, watch fireworks from the beach - or possible the Boardwalk area. Because we are only talking about 1 night - I have the points available to book and then cancel the old. Can you help me with the following:

(1) My existing reservation is using 20 banked points. If I re-book, and then cancel, can I call and have them move these points around so my banked points are used?
(2) I don't see a way to book two studios online. If I call member services, can they hold two studios at a time to book together? I would hate to get one booked and then not the other. I can use a few more points to book a 2BR if this is the better way to know we will be together.

Appreciate any advice!!

I'd do it all with a phone call to MS at your 7-month window.

If the 2 bedroom is not that much more, since it is one night, I'd go with that. Getting the rooms close is just a request so even if you get them, they could be on different floors, etc.

Thanks for the input. So member services can book both at the same time? Is this easy or a situation where you hope the right person takes my call? I'm okay if we aren't right next to each other but want to at least know we are at the same resort. Looks like a 2BR is 10-13 points more than 2 studios for my date - so not the end of the world but u would rather save those points for my next trip if I can get two studios.

Depending on the time of the year and the resort, waiting 1 hour to call MS at 9:00 might cost you the reservation.

I did this way for my reservation of two studios at the VGC for next January:

- 2 days before the 7 months windows opened, I checked online and found a studio available for 1 week. I booked it.

- I checked for a second studio, but all were gone

- next day: no availability for a studio

- luckily, next day I found the availability for the second studio and booked it for 5 nights. Again, studios were gone, probably I got the last one, or one of the last one, and others were booked at the same time

- I wrote an email to MS to drop the first two nights of the first reservation and ask to reallocate the points so that only banked points were used and I have all my current UY points free (to use or bank them later)
I prefer to write instead of calling because I'm not overly confident of my English and dropping nights and reallocating points are dangerous operations. Writing everything with all details I think helps to make things clearer for MS.

Now the most difficult part: waiting 7 months to go to Disneyland! :rotfl2:

Thanks - great suggestions.

Zavandor - you may have seen this in another thread but request the highest floor available ending in "4". Amazing view of World of Color from your balcony. Better than the DVC viewing balcony. I went to Whitewater Snacks and picked up hot chocolate and Mickey Ice Cream bars for kids - and then Hearthstone Lounge for a bottle of wine to bring up to room - one of my favorite all time Disney memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter