Best way to book hotel/tickets for Universal?

betsywdw

DIS Veteran
Hello! It's been many years since we've stayed on site at Universal. I'm curious as to what the best way is to book accommodations and tickets? Online, calling directly or any other options?

Thanks!

We booked our room at RPR via cheaptickets.com as they had a deal at the time and we always get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are a good price and always quick delivery. Their prices also include Tax and shipping.

call and ask what discounts are available.
do check other vendors to see which room prices will work best for you.

I am interested in the same because we would like to go in October for our first time ever! Is there not some secret place to find times for certain "deals" like Disney historically releases every year? All these threads with numbers and code names have me super confused. :/

no secret way that i am aware of.
read past threads about how others have been booking rooms.
go beyond page 1 in the hotel UO forums.

easiest way like i posted above, call and talk to the TM and have them tell you the discounts that are available for your dates.

universal can mail out pin codes, special codes, release additional ap room rates, promos, etc.
it varies all the time.
some patterns are there for ap releases but it's not something that can be listed as a historic date yearly.

read other threads that discuss and have some q and a's to them to get more of an idea of universal.
you will pick up the general idea of how to book for a trip to the darkside easily.

I have done it myself through the US website and I have also used the owners of this website, Dreams Unlimited Travel. The TA is good at watching for lower rates and updating my reservation, saving me the time.

Any other advantage booking with DU? I booked a DCL cruise with them because of the on-board credit but I usually book my WDW trips myself.

So far, I've booked using the Stay More Save More rate, that was the best I found, then I used a TA rate that was the best I found, then now I am using cheaptickets as I got a price that was lower than my AP and SMSM rate. Only bad thing about Cheaptickets is that you pay the total upfront, for the whole amount. When I booked via the Loews websites and via the TA, I was only charged the first night's amount. Rest was due at check out. Have to do the math. The only thing I will say, is when I booked directly, the hotel's reservations was great to talk to, as they helped me with the best rate as I had to change dates. Not tried that with the other two I used.

Oh, and I always buy my tickets separately. No change fees for a room only booking, with cancel 5 days out without charge. With package, there is a change fee. I have an AP now, but I buy tickets for my kids from my military ITT office, undercovertourist, and last year, from another FLA seller that had the best price, and I didn't mind picking up the tickets from the seller's office. Can't remember the name right now, but I would use Undercovertourist or Maple Leaf to see which is the better price. I think there is a slight discount if buy online and not at the parks.

Have a great time at Universal!

Hello! It's been many years since we've stayed on site at Universal. I'm curious as to what the best way is to book accommodations and tickets? Online, calling directly or any other options?

Thanks!
Gogo vacations!!! You can even try fun jet vacations. However, in order to get a cheap vacation you need to book this through a travel agent. I am planning a four night stay RP resort and if I do this myself I am looking at around 1500.00 my travel agent states she can get it for 600.00 so it pays to book through a travel agent. Check out the two websites I gave you. Good luck

Gogo vacations!!! You can even try fun jet vacations. However, in order to get a cheap vacation you need to book this through a travel agent. I am planning a four night stay RP resort and if I do this myself I am looking at around 1500.00 my travel agent states she can get it for 600.00 so it pays to book through a travel agent. Check out the two websites I gave you. Good luck

What are the dates you are looking for? That's quite the travel agent who can find it for less than half price. If you are staying for 4 nights, you are eligible for the stay more save more rate. Often, cheaptickets will give you an extra 20% off that rate. Another suggestion is if you are staying for 4 nights is to purchase one power pass and you'll get the AP rate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter