Best way to bid on priceline?

mercydisney

Is it on sale?
I've never bid on priceline. And I'm scared. :guilty: I'm afraid I'll bid for a resort in Orlando area and get an awful hotel, tha's my luck.

WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO BID?
Is their a secret to get a great hotel.
I would like to take DD10 to a great resort hotel (she'll be happy w/a great water slide).

Before I posted this I bid on a hotel, but I was to scared to complete the deal.

Should I have hit the button, It was for $70. in a resort hotel near WDW.

check out biddingfortravel.com I believe it is and it will give you directions. I used hotwire.com to get one in dt disney by following what it said there. any questions feel free to ask me.

Go to biddingfortravel.com There is lots of info there on priceline bidding. The first time, it is scary....after one great experience, you are hooked.

Some thoughts....if you want a particular hotel, this is not the way to go. We use Priceline when we are going on the cruise and want to come in the night before--I don't care where we stay as long as it is cheap and clean. We know that there is a nasty 2.5* in the airport area, so always bid 3* to avoid the bad place. I use Priceline when I drive to a class that is not covered by my employer--I will have a vehicle, so being 5 miles from the class area isn't an issue. I'll be in class all day and half the night, so not looking for wonderful facilities. Again, we've gotten clean, neat places and even a wonderful breakfast--for less than 1/2 of the hotel where the conference is held! Again, if you want a particular hotel, do not use Priceline.

At $70, you were probably at the resort level. Do remember that most resort level hotels will impose another resort fee on top of what you've bid--usually in the range of $3.50 - $10. You can always start low and increase your bid provided that you have time before your trip.

Orlando is a great area for bidding. There are tons of hotel rooms, and since 9/11/01, they have not been filling. You can get some tremendous deals. There are even some Disney resorts on Priceline (Swan/Dolphin have been on for years, the All Stars have turned up recently.)

I so agree w/ doing some research on biddingfortravel.com as well. Whenever I've placed a priceline bid (whether in WDW area or not) I always use them as a resource. I never post there (they are sticklers for following a very specific guideline), but I get a lot of info just by reading everything I can about the area I want to bid.

Good luck-- I've gotten some great deals w/ priceline. My best so far in the WDW area has been the Sheraton Safari for $37/nt.

mercydisney said:
I would like to take DD10 to a great resort hotel (she'll be happy w/a great water slide).

Before I posted this I bid on a hotel, but I was to scared to complete the deal.

Should I have hit the button, It was for $70. in a resort hotel near WDW.
First, remember that you don't have a guarantee that the hotel's pool will have a great water slide. It's a chance you take.

I'd also recommend that you check out www.biddingfortravel.com for priceline information. They give you really good information on how to bid well. The hotel info is very valuable also. I just surfed over there to get a listing of the current resorts in the WDW area that have had bids awarded. Here's the current list:

ORLANDO

Disney World Vicinity

Resort
Walt Disney World Swan
Walt Disney World Dolphin
Marriott Orlando World Center
Hilton in the Walt Disney World Village
Gaylord Palms Resort
Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate

I'm not sure that the Hilton in WDW Village has a slide at the pool. I'm sure someone else here on the Orlando Hotel board could answer that question. All the others have great pools with slides. Also, The Omni, while being a great resort, is not exactly around the corner from Disney World. Just things to keep in mind before you bid.

Beware of the woman(Sheryl) that runs biddingfortravel. I usually just check it for informational purposes only. If you post anything there, beware. She seems to enjoy berating posters who don't follow the posting guidelines exactly perfect. I've felt sorry for many a first time poster who just posted a general statement without following the rules perfectly, and then ended up with a nasty comment from her. She has banned many people from her site for not posting perfectly. She's been likened to the 'Soup Nazi' of Seinfeld fame. Also, she chides people for not bidding through the Priceline link on her website. It takes money out of her pocket if you don't. Another site I like is called betterbidding. You can post things without the fear of harrasment by the site mod. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into Biddingfortravel.

:sunny: :sunny: Thanks Everyone!

I will post ubdate.

Please keep the info. coming. I need all the help I can get. :yay:

PS: OKEPCOT AND KILEE, Thanks on the head up on the Soup Natzi (love that episode).

Be careful in trying your own strategies. I bid $55 on a 3* in WDW area. (I started with 45..50..55 by using rebids with different dates) Well..I was bidding on a 1 night stay..thinking I could just add additional nights. Priceline says you can do this if nights are available. Well, they are available at the hotel, but for some reason 'it is not an option' at the Hotel Royal Plaza. I am very excited about staying there, but it is only for one night, 8/4. We want to go for 4 nights 8/3 - 8/7. Yeah. I also booked it in the middle of our stay:(
I am thinking of bidding for 8/5-8/7 and see if I get HRP, if not I'll add HRP for Thurs. We don't mind hopping once, not sure about 3 diff hotels. Any suggestions?
Major question:
What if there is a storm brewing, how does it work with priceline, since it has been paid? Do they allow you to reschedule if there is a storm, or gas shortage? Not paraniod, just PREPARED:)

When I get this figured out, you should see our park schedule..I don't know how to 'just go and have fun', the planning is what is so exciting to me :yay:
TIA

Priceline and Hotwire are non-refundable. If you think you might change or cancel your plans for ANY reason (weather, etc.) you probably don't want to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter