Best use of DDP ever? Saved 60%

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
I just totaled our savings vs OOP for our trip last weekend. Now this was not a typical stay, we are DVC members and live local, so we were only there 1 night. We paid $288.58 for 2 adults and 2 children. My children went to Lilos Clubhouse at night and hung out with my BFF and her children while my DH and I went to brunch. Also my children ate the appetizers mostly, only a couple of OOP expenses. So I realize these results are skewed because of that but here's what we spent:

Chefs de France
Cheese plate x 2: 29.98
Salad nicoise: 20.99
Chicken: 25.99
Dessert x 2: $19.50
Drinks (they included all 4 on the plan) 2 soft drinks:$6, 2 Shirley temple$8
Total: $118.19
OOP: cheese puff pastry:$5.50

Yachtsman Steakhouse:
French onion soup:$12
Shrimp cocktail:$19
New York Strip:$ 49
Lobster Thermador: $62
Dessert x2: 22
Bottle of Perrier $8
Coffee $7
Total: 191.23

California Grill
Brunch: $171.20

San Angel inn
Queso fundido $14
Tostadas de tinga $11
Combination mexicana $30
Pollo las rajas $25
Dessert x 2: 16
4 soft drinks (all included) $12
Total: $115.56

Snacks:
3 caramel apples with nuts: $20.19
1 coffee from Starbucks: $7.38!
1 croissant donut: $5.35
3 mickey rice krispies: 12.81
Total:$45.73

4 refillable mugs:
$77

Total: $719.23

Other OOP:
Breakfast for the kids at BC marketplace: $9.50
Lilos clubhouse: $95
Tips! $125

I will say we were completely stuffed, I didn't even want the meal at San Angel but we didn't want the credits to go to waste and our kids needed dinner. The brunch was incredible, I'm trying to find a way to go again.

You hit the lottery!

At some point, Disney has to figure out that people are paying kid's prices for the DxDDP and getting adult meals with those credits. All totally legit, at the moment, by the way. Unfortunately, once they do, using your credits for anyone not on the plan will probably go away, and kid's credits will have to be used for kid's meals.

I hope this works for us. We leave in 9 days. I paid for the deluxe plan for me and my 8 year old daughter for the first 4 nights of our stay.

I plan on using all the credits for us and my husband and 10 year old son.

They come in a day after we do - due to a football game . I plan on using the credits for all of us. We have lots of good reservations- hope it works.

You hit the lottery!

At some point, Disney has to figure out that people are paying kid's prices for the DxDDP and getting adult meals with those credits. All totally legit, at the moment, by the way. Unfortunately, once they do, using your credits for anyone not on the plan will probably go away, and kid's credits will have to be used for kid's meals.

I totally agree with you and I am dreading that day! This is pretty much the only "deal" people can get out the plans anymore, IMHO. Perhaps they're continuing to allow it seeing as only a small percentage of people are taking advantage of the credit pooling?

OP, you did GREAT!!! It's always nice to hear about such successes on the DDP as it can be so hit and miss in value from one family to another.

The dxddp is a pretty good deal even if you use kid credits for kids if you do a lot of character meals and all ts. Not like that but I so getting $820 worth of food for $577 in 4 nights on the dxddp, 1 adult 1 kid, taking into account other discounts like dvc and Disney Visa, and not even trying to maximize .

but I so getting $820 worth of food for $577 in 4 nights on the dxddp, 1 adult 1 kid, taking into account other discounts like dvc and Disney Visa, and not even trying to maximize .

I hope you write a dining review! I think that you are going around Christmas time -- we are too! Those are always fun reports to read.

I hope you write a dining review! I think that you are going around Christmas time -- we are too! Those are always fun reports to read.
it is in progress :)

also I did even better ordering the kid adult meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!