Best TS restaurants for solo travelers?

I eat out every night at home and sit at the bar. I like the opportunity of the turnover with people waiting for a table or being able to chat with the bartender.

My favs are:

Yak n' Yeti
50's Prime Time Cafe
The Wave
Cali Grill
Raglan Road
RFC
Paradiso 37

I agree that the solo dining is best if done seated at the bar. You are more likely to have other solo travelers to chat with and bartenders at Disney are always happy to keep you entertained.

With that said, I would add the Bar at Yachtman's Steakhouse, ESPN Zone and Big River Brewery on the boardwalk, and any other location where you can belly up to the bar in WDW.

Good luck! Any trip to the world, solo or not, is a good trip!
:banana:

@karice2 I am almost certainly going to Raglan Road, so I'm glad to hear another good thing about it. I'm unsure about WCC as I feel that it would be more fun with others. I may go to some of the other places you mentioned.

@murmkc Good to know! I'll make sure to find out where else I could sit at the bar and eat.

I do solo for most of my trips. Here are some of my favorites. I usually do TiW so I don't know much about the dining plan. I also have to mention that I am an extrovert. I can find a friend anywhere I go.

Flying Fish Cafe - I really liked sitting at the bar and eating. Bartender was really nice. Since it is also in the conference resort area there are lots of people there to talk to.

Brown Derby - Love it. There is a lot of stuff to look at. The caricatures are fun to look at and there is a lot of hustle and bustle to look at.

Biergarten - Really liked it here. I honestly didn't know what to expect when I went in. (Pre Disboards). If you don't get a good group to talk to at least there is entertainment.

Raglan Road - Love it here. Good food, really friendly atmosphere and entertainment in the evening.

Coral Reef - Food is meh but fish are really nice to look at. Did this as part of candlelight processional.

Jiko - Love the food at Jiko and like to sit by the window and watch people going out to see the animals. I also like the subtle light show that they do to mimic the sunrise or sunset.

Cape May Cafe - I honestly felt invisible when I went for breakfast there. I didn't get to see the characters and the buffet was a little messy for my taste.

Whispering Canyon Cafe- I really liked it there. They have a lot going on so plenty to watch and participate if you want. Really liked it here. Food is a bit heavy so plan on doing some walking around after.

House of Blues - Used to love it, now not so much. They have a lot of cool kitchy things to look at but the menu is not great anymore. I used to go there just to eat the cornbread now it is off my list.

Wolfgang Puck - So disappointed. Felt invisible and did not get good food or service there. Waitresses were too busy flirting or upselling to other tables. Pasta was terrible.

Paradiso 37 - Not my favorite but not the worst. Kind of boring there. I did go at lunch so I could have just went at a bad time. Servers were too busy talking to each other about other servers. I do love gossip so I listened.

Yak & Yeti - Ate at the bar and had a really good conversation with bar tender. Also a really good place to hear cast member gossip.

And now the big daddy of them all

Victoria & Alberts - Yes I did it solo. Yes I loved it and make a point to do it every time I go. It is my way of telling myself that I am a big girl and should treat myself to the best where ever I go. The service is always impeccable and I feel like royalty when I am there. THe NE Divas will attest to how awesome this place is.

If you are looking for something Non- Disney, I highly recommend the Bull & Bear at the Waldorf Astoria. They have an amazing chocolate souffle.

I can't believe I wrote all of this but hope that it helped.

What a great List! :thumbsup2

I am going solo again in April and staying 10 days! :goofy:

I am glad to read up on what you enjoy. I Love The Brown Derby, so of course it is a mandatory ADR (2 for this trip!). But I wanted to get out and about more and see some of the other resorts. I have ADRs at Flying Fish, Cape May (dinner), Citricos, Boma, Yak & Yeti, Crystal Palace . . . . I had considered V & A, but decided I didn't want to dress up while on vacation!

I do love the fact that you share the philosophy of "I should treat myself to the best where ever I go". I have been doing that the last year or so, and it makes life so much more fun! party:

What a great List! :thumbsup2

I am going solo again in April and staying 10 days! :goofy:

I am glad to read up on what you enjoy. I Love The Brown Derby, so of course it is a mandatory ADR (2 for this trip!). But I wanted to get out and about more and see some of the other resorts. I have ADRs at Flying Fish, Cape May (dinner), Citricos, Boma, Yak & Yeti, Crystal Palace . . . . I had considered V & A, but decided I didn't want to dress up while on vacation!

I do love the fact that you share the philosophy of "I should treat myself to the best where ever I go". I have been doing that the last year or so, and it makes life so much more fun! party:

It is a bit easier for a girl to dress up on vacation so I completely understand. We can throw a dress in a bag and be done. The bull and bear is less stringent of a dress code but still has really good service and food. I forgot to mention that I really enjoy breakfast at Boma.

I am trying to figure out when I can get down there solo again. I am in need of a fix. Have fun for 10 days. I did two weeks in 2011 and had a great time.

I am a bit of a Diva and work really hard so I do spoil myself. Tiffany blue is my favorite color and if I waited for Prince Charming, I wouldn't get to see it as often as I like. Plus I like Gaston's muscles, those are fun to play with until Prince Charming figures out his GPS to me.

This is going to be my first solo to WDW. My grandkids are going to be seniors in high school and involved in Fall sports. My husband doesn't share my love of all things Disney so I will be going alone. I have decided that as far as doing the parks by myself, I can do that. But when it came to eating by myself, I am a bit afraid. I was considering to do just QS. After reading about all the places you all have gone alone and enjoyed, I have decided to go ahead with the dining plan and do some table meals! I am going to call and make my reseservations and wait for the 180 days to make my ADRs! Thank you, everyone! Maybe I will meet some of you in Sept!

disgram said:
This is going to be my first solo to WDW. My grandkids are going to be seniors in high school and involved in Fall sports. My husband doesn't share my love of all things Disney so I will be going alone. I have decided that as far as doing the parks by myself, I can do that. But when it came to eating by myself, I am a bit afraid. I was considering to do just QS. After reading about all the places you all have gone alone and enjoyed, I have decided to go ahead with the dining plan and do some table meals! I am going to call and make my reseservations and wait for the 180 days to make my ADRs! Thank you, everyone! Maybe I will meet some of you in Sept!

I have been doing solo's for the last 5 years and don't worry about a thing. It may be the most enjoyable trip you've ever made. I have dined everywhere as a single and the great thing about Disney is they always make you feel special.

I'm doing a solo trip next week and my dinning plans are to eat at Rainforest but sit at the bar because there is all kinds of activity to watch behind the bar. Turf Club at SSR. Olivia at OKW.

I went solo this past September and had some great TS.

T-Rex Cafe - I am a lover of all things dinosaur, so I booked this one on arrival night. Good food, great service from a waiter who literally sat down at my table to take my order and talk with me. The only downside was the noise level and being seated next to a dinosaur, which caused multiple kids to come within inches of me to to get pictures.

Ohana breakfast - GREAT food and the characters were awesome. My waiter was MIA for most of my meal and not really interactive, so I had the family at the next table over take my picture for me (actually Stitch grabbed the father and threw my camera into his hands).

Crystal Palace lunch - Love Winnie the Pooh and the food is amazing. My waitress was very sweet and the handlers were great at getting my camera for pictures.

Chefs de France lunch - I loved the atmosphere here and was seated next to the window to people watch. It was slow on that day and my waiter spent a lot of time talking to me. The staff there was very nice, and when Remy broke down, they offered for me to come back during his later appearance. (Which I did, since Remy was my main reason for the reservation)

Yak and Yeti - One of my favorite meals. Great atmosphere, window seating, and friendly waitress.

Hollywood & Vine - Yes, I went here solo, despite the characters. Why? I'm a character hunter and this is the only place to meet June and Oso. Oddly enough, I barely saw them for more than a picture and I kept having Handy Manny Jake coming back to my table. Haha! Food was okay, and it was loud. I don't regret going there, but I probably won't again.

Sci-Fi - I loved the giant TV showing b&w shows, and I really liked the food (the Solar Flare shake is to die for!). I plan on booking for my upcoming trip.

San Angel Inn - I was actually seated next to another solo on this day, who asked me to take her picture, but we didn't really talk, which I regret. She was pretty much the only other one who I met that week. But anyway, food was great, waiter was great, and the atmosphere is amazing!

I've made 2 solo trips to WDW without DS who is 17 now.
I enjoy doing the Deluxe DDP and experiencing all the great TS restaurants WDW has to offer. I prefer Table service restaurants, not really a Quick service eater except for treats like Dole Whip, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, Yorkshire Fish in England at Epcot, and a few other goodies. :rotfl2:

Although I wish I had some folks to enjoy a meal with on my solo trips to WDW...I have had some great experiences at Character meals, while dining alone! I really enjoy going to character meals.

1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian was one of them.
I went for dinner & had a great time interacting with the characters.
The Evil Step sisters were very engaging! Drizella actually sat down at my table and conversed with me, and then hollered out and called over her sister and they both interacted with me. It was so much fun!

At different restaurants, I have had some great servers who have hung around, seeing I was alone, so they could take pics for me with my camera.
Other times some nice families seated near by took pics for me with Characters.

I've dined alone at MANY of the Table Service restaurants and was always made to feel welcome and special.

Great thread, but I'm not always clear which restaurants are just good for solo vs. ones you can belly up to the bar in.

If the restaurants have a bar, is it usually first come, first served or any of you making solo reservations?

Going to a conference in Disney and taking a few days to tour by myself. Going to the Magic Kingdom one AM to see the new Fantasyland and head back through through Epcot via monorail on the way back to the Swan. Considering one of the monorail resorts vs. Epcot restaurant for a late lunch that day. Like to be able to sit at the bar and eat. Any suggestions?

Also, looking for a good dinner place in DHS prior to Fantasmic (I've never seen it...) with the same criteria. People mentioned 50's cafe but I'm still not clear if there's a bar or if it's a great place for a table....

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter