Best traveler/safari/vest

GaSleepingBeautyFan

DIS Veteran
I noticed everyone seems to be on the hunt for the best bag to take to the parks.

I've got to be different and be on the hunt for the best traveler/photo/safari vest for the plus size person.

I'd thought about cargo shorts but those can be pretty thick and once you get them wet, they take forever to dry.

I really want to go bagless this next trip. :banana: :banana: :banana:

It's going to be hot so I'm hoping to track one down with a mesh back and that dries fast and has hooks for carabiner (is that spelled right?) clips.

I found one that I liked but it wasn't available in plus sizes. :rolleyes:

Anyone know of places to look?

Thanks in advance.

There are cargo shorts made of that quick drying material...

For example: Columbia Women's Plus Size Sandy River Water Cargo Shorts

Look in camping/outdoor type stores.

What about a fishing vest from Cabela's? It comes in plus sizes and has tons of pockets.:banana:
orangevest.jpg

...and the vest above has the added advantage that nobody would ever lose you in the park!

Won't that be too hot to wear? I'm not a purse or bag kind of woman, but I have always found it handy to have a small, small backpackstyle purse to put on my back. That way I can have my hands free and I'm not carrying anything. But, for this trip I don't even want to use that. I plan to wear shorts with the zipper, and put my credit card, $$ in a zip-lock bag and then put it in my pocket. I also plan to have my camera out and around my neck for day so again, hands free :)

:rotfl2: at the fishing vest.
That Cabela vest looks like it's quilted so it would be way too heavy.

I seem to remember a vest that I saw last year that had an open mesh back and wasn't quilted so it would be cooler. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of where I saw it.

The only one I've found that even comes close didn't have plus sizes so the hunt is still on.

I do think I'll check into those Columbia quick dry cargo shorts too.

I need to put together a list of what I want to carry into the park so I'll know how many pockets I'll need.

I want to go completely bagless and skip the security lines for the first time ever. :thumbsup2:

I saw these vests on CNBC a while back. They caught my eye because a friend's husband always needs the coolest travel stuff. She bought him one for christmas and he loves it. Here is the link:
http://scottevest.com
I'm attempting a pic too, but this is the first time I've tried!
img_prod_vestmens_2xl.jpg

They have womens as well and jackets with zip off sleeves.

I'm glad others had the same fishing/hunting vest idea that I did. I just got caught up in the camping stuff on the site I was looking on, and forgot I went there to find things for you. :)

Don't bother with REI by the way, their sizes aren't helpful at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter