Best Tip I Got on Disboards

Great thread! I have not seen the Alice and Mad Hatter musical chairs mentioned...we loved that! Does that still happen at the Coke Place on Main Street? I know times change...2 years ago it was 2 pm I think?

Great thread! I have not seen the Alice and Mad Hatter musical chairs mentioned...we loved that! Does that still happen at the Coke Place on Main Street? I know times change...2 years ago it was 2 pm I think?

We were there week before last, and caught them on our way up Main Street one day, at Refreshment Corner.

It was about 4:00pm. Don't know what their schedule is right now, because we weren't "looking" to watch, just happened by, and that's what time it was. We've also seen them before, around 2:00pm.

I'd ask at City Hall, just to be sure not to miss them! It was amusing, seeing how much fun they and the children with them had.:)

I haven't heard of this (we always get in line for a RSR fast pass, so we've never ridden standby). Do you just go the far right side before rope drop, and stay to the right & go wide around the crowd?

This info would have been helpful back on opening day of TSMM! What a horrific bottleneck THAT was. :crazy2:

The idea is that RSR is on the right side of the street so those on the right of the mass of people going up route 66 into CL have the advantage. So yes, get on the right at rope drop and stay there and move aggressively and stay far to the right and you will have an edge over others.

:wizard:

We were there week before last, and caught them on our way up Main Street one day, at Refreshment Corner.

It was about 4:00pm. Don't know what their schedule is right now, because we weren't "looking" to watch, just happened by, and that's what time it was. We've also seen them before, around 2:00pm.

I'd ask at City Hall, just to be sure not to miss them! It was amusing, seeing how much fun they and the children with them had.:)

Best way to know the time for musical chairs is to ask the piano player at Refreshment Corner (he has to play the music for the game, so he will definitely know the time for that day).

Some more great tips:

Hojo's and the Kid's Suites, never would have known about them.
Mimi's Café and signing up for coupons two weeks before you go.
Requesting a map at the Jungle Cruise
Peter Pan, "always first"!
DK Livery
Finding the holes where the ropes go by Frontierland and waiting for fireworks there.
Riding the train all the way around from NOS after Fantasmic to avoid crowds when you are trying to leave the park.
Light show at sunset in Carsland.
Getting "My first trip to DL" pins at City Hall

Midnightred :cloud9:

What is this? I've never heard about this. Thnx

I *think* the holes being referred to here is where cast members put the posts where they run the parade route ropes that way you know where the line is to get a front row seat and not have someone in front blocking your view. ( if I'm wrong someone please correct me)

What are the maps at jungle cruise?

Is this just tradition, to have Peter pan be the first ride of a Disney trip?

When you disembark the Jungle Cruise, you can ask for maps. They will give you a 8.5x11 in paper map of the jungle cruise.

If you can make rope drop, heading to Peter Pan first will be your best bet for avoiding long lines later in they day. It's a slow loading ride with no FP, and usually has long lines.

What are the maps at jungle cruise?

Is this just tradition, to have Peter pan be the first ride of a Disney trip?

If you ask the CM on the deck as you exit the boat for a map, they will get you one. It's a great free keepsake.

PP first just makes sense because the line is always long, and it is a slow loader. If you can get on first thing it saves you at great deal of time!

Edit: 94bruin and I think alike!

Best tip was Rider Swap. We used that before the FP times were enforced and holy cow, we rode a ton of rides that year!
We never did Wide Right, but just the tip about getting a RSR FP so early was a life saver. Never would have thought they would run out.
The tips for getting picked at Jedi Training.

The tip about waiting for a waterfront seat at Blue Bayou. We checked in 20 mins before our reservations. And just like people reported here, they told us 45 mins-hour wait. Well, we were seated in 10 mins, before our actual reservation time!

There have been so many great tips from DISBoarders. One that I haven't seen mentioned yet here is the advice to shop Disney store sales before your trip to save money on certain souvenirs so you can splurge on more distinctive park souvenirs. For instance, I picked up great Disney princess "nightgowns" (satin dresses) for about $6 each and my girls were thrilled. We also bought glow bracelets/necklaces ahead of time (instead of spending $15+ in the parks). Then you can splurge on in-park treats/experiences like character meals, silhouettes, or PP+!

I am in love with this thread! I'm just getting started planning my Disneyland trip in December and I love reading all these great tips! Thank you all!

The best tip I ever got or read on here was for how to get picked as the rebel spy on Star Tours. Myself and two of my girls have been picked. My other DD was always so sad to not get chosen. We tried a tip I read on here and she was picked twice in one day!

The best tip I ever got or read on here was for how to get picked as the rebel spy on Star Tours. Myself and two of my girls have been picked. My other DD was always so sad to not get chosen. We tried a tip I read on here and she was picked twice in one day!

Care to share the tip? :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

FFerret said:
Care to share the tip? :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Haha I forgot to include it at the end of my post!
When you walk in and get to your seat do not put the 3d glasses on (wait for them to tell you to put them on). Sit very still and face straight ahead. She did not move or speak, stared dead ahead both times and was picked both times!

Whats the tip? I'd love to know!

Oh, and also to whoever posted about the tip for getting picked in Jedi Training - what is that one?

Fill us all in! Super excited to hear these!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter