Best time to go when school is out

Don't forget, even if your kids go back 8/25, many schools have registration the week prior. My own kids will start on a Wednesday, but the week before they have to go in to pick up schedules, get photos taken, etc. Yes that can be done first day of school, but it's not as seamless, especially if there is a schedule problem or they were put into the wrong class.
I've been Easter and every month of summer (not Thanksgiving--we only get M,T,W). I teach so it's me more than the kids. Weather wise I liked June best, but "value season" kicks in AFTER July 4. August was the hottest we ever went. We are going over EAster this year for the 3rd time--if you get to the parks at open and know what you are doing you will be fine.
Daisyx3

We went for the first time during Thanksgiving this past year. My kids' school only went on Monday, so they missed only one day. I have to say that we had a great time!!! We went the Sat. before, and eventhough it started picking up by Wednesday, it was not bad. We left the Friday right after Thanksgiving, so probably missed huge crowds that weekend. We're possibly doing it again this year!!

Easter will definitely be the most crowded of the three.

The third week of August will probably be somewhat less crowded than Thankgsiving week, but the August crowds won't be signficantly down until the 4th and 5th weeks.

Given the superior weather of November over August, I would pick Thanksgiving week if it were me -- and aim to get as much done as possible the first few days before the heaviest crowd levels toward the end of Thanksgiving week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter