Best time to go during summer vacation

HBK Charlie Brown

Earning My Ears
My sons are on summer vacation from June 6- August 27. In your experience, what would be the best time for us to go. I frequently get migraine headaches, and am afraid if it is too hot or muggy, i will make the trip unenjoyable for all of us.

The best time to go would be that last week before they start school. It's really hot, but Florida is going to be hot ALL summer long. The crowds are much lower at the this time of year, plus there's FREE DINING for people traveling from Aug 13 - Sep 30 this year. I would definately take advantage of that. :cool1:

I love the free dining idea, and would have taken advantage if I could have. I am going July 1-15 and couldn't change vacation time but when I checked out the difference in weather in July and August there was no difference to speak of. August's all time high temp was actually one degree lower than July's couldn't find a way to check humidity but rain days, cloudy days and sunny days were exactly the same number for both months. If you cannot take advantage of "after August 13th free dining" I personally would go right at the beginning of your vacation in June. I'm not exactly sure but you may catch the tail end of the Flower and Garden Festival in EPCOT and that truly is beautiful. Also some of the public schools systems (definately here in my town in New Jersey) have not finished school yet, and therefore you would be experiencing the same type of crowd as if you went when the schools in the South have already returned to school. Good Luck. I'm sure you will have a blast whenever you go. Just remember to take frequent breaks, especially mid-day, take advantage of extra magic hours at night (when it is a bit cooler and without the blaring sun) that might help avert your headaches. HAVE FUN!

I would say the first two weeks of June (because all schools are not out yet) and the last two weeks of August (because lots of schools are back by then). It's going to be hot and muggy whenever you go in the summer. Take lots of breaks during your stay and drink plenty water :drinking1 and you should be fine.

Last 2 weeks in August. Also free dinning.

Last year we went June 18, thinking not all the schools were out yet...it was much crowded then we thought it was going to be. We just used Fast Passes and we were fine, it was hot, but we managed...

lauren_elizabeth said:
The best time to go would be that last week before they start school. It's really hot, but Florida is going to be hot ALL summer long. The crowds are much lower at the this time of year, plus there's FREE DINING for people traveling from Aug 13 - Sep 30 this year. I would definately take advantage of that. :cool1:

Yes...that's when we're going. Aug. 13 - 20th. Can't wait!!

We go in Sept. The kids are 9,3 I take them out of school. Not many kids get a chance like that. And its our family , :woohoo: time weather is great. Never had a problem with any teachers we tell the the first day of school. :banana:

byoung said:
Last 2 weeks in August. Also free dinning.
So, if i am to book through say disney's official site, and have my trip between those dates, I will automatically get the free dining, or do I need to select it?

HBK Charlie Brown said:
So, if i am to book through say disney's official site, and have my trip between those dates, I will automatically get the free dining, or do I need to select it?

We always book our trips over the phone...we just booked our August trip last Tuesday. We just told the cast member on the phone that we wanted the Free Dining & we got it.

I would say the first of june because all schools are not out yet. We are taking a beach trip next june 2007 and it will be the first week the kids are out..

By all means, take in the free dining option and I don't know with that option if the price of the rooms change but I know when I pricing packages, etc., I was considering the week of August 13th or August 20th and the prices were slightly lower the week of the 20th.

We'll be there August 18th - 24th.

I would go right at the beginning of summer vacation. Actually, I am! Anyway, there's the savings of the free dining if you go in August, but the reason they're giving that is cause it's the height of hurricane season. So, you'll get free meals, but you might be stuck with rain from a storm going nearby or worse. Just an opinion who lived through Katrina last year - avoid plans on the Gulf Coast during Hurricane season!!!

We had the free dining last year. We had beautiful weather. One rain storm. Its just the down time of the year.The parks are great no long lines.weather still hot pools feel great.Kids have fun what more could you ask for??? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter