Best time to arrive at MCO/WDW??

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
We have always arrived at MCO via the 7am Delta Express flight from Boston. Now that Song has eliminated that flight we are rethinking everything. If we fly SW out of PVD we have options of a 11:20am or 2:20pm arrival times. We would have to really push things to get to the airport (maybe even stay overnight in PVD and we work until about 10pm that evening) for the early flight. The later arrival would be more relaxed but.....How is selection of cars at the rental agencies in the mid-afternoon? Is MCO really crowded at this time? And what about checking into the resorts...do you think this affects available rooms? Once I started thinking about this I realized that since you do not have to check out of WDW resorts until 11am maybe by arriving at 2:20pm there is actually more cars/rooms available. Any thoughts on all of this?? Thanks everyone!!

In the past 2 or 3 years we have arrived between noon and 4:30pm, usually around 2:15. Fridays or Saturdays. I did not see any difference between these times or days. We've always had a decent selection at National. We prefer the noon departure from PIT, arriving MCO 2:15, you don't have to get up in the middle of the night. Also your room will be ready when you arrive at the resort.

I agree later checkin increases the chance of having a hotel room ready for you.

It seems if you booked the FTP package you can't drop UPH tickets the first or last day. Might want to try to check in early enough so you don't completely waste the first day passes.

Originally posted by minster22
..How is selection of cars at the rental agencies in the mid-afternoon? Is MCO really crowded at this time?

If you use National, it doesn't matter how crowded the airport is.......you pick out a car and drive to the booth,show your reservation......and on your way to WDW 3 minutes after you pick out your car.Can't beat National's on-site service.
biggthumpup.gif

P.S. If you do carry-on luggage(we always do) you are in your car on the way to WDW with in 10 minutes of getting off the plane when using National Emarald Aisle.;)

Thanks for the replies....I think I am just being too attached to the early arrival time thinking we would have the best choices. We have annual passes so arriving later in the day is not an issue anyways. And the carry-on luggage is a great idea but you are talking to two women going to WDW for 19 days and we just returned from a 4 day jaunt that we took at least 4 pieces of luggage each!! We booked a car with National Quik Rent, great rate for a convertible!! I am so used to purchasing airfare asap and with the way the rates are for the direct flights we are waiting for SW, I think this is where my anxiety is kicking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter