• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best time of year to visit Aulani

JLitfin

love Disney
I would like to know the best time of year to visit Hawaii and Aulani? Planning on going in 2018, still a few years off but starting to think about when we should go, especially since I have to book at 7 months. I'm hoping to reserve a 1 BR, Ocean View room. It'll just be my DH and I so I don't have to work around school vacations. Thanks.

We just got back three weeks ago and it was awesome. Great weather (84 high 72 low everyday) and only one rainy day. Be aware of the LPGA tournament that plays every year in late April across the street at Ko Olina golf club as that does bring in a rather large crowd if that is something you want to avoid.

I am going at end of oct/beg nov ..... Fingers crossed for nice weather and reasonably quiet

We went last year before the disney hawaii cruise and didnt find it too busy

We went in March last year and aside from one rainy day it was perfect. Not too hot, yet still warm enjoy to enjoy the ocean and pools! Planning on going again March 2017 :)

For weather info, check this link:
https://weather.com/weather/monthly/l/USHI0026:1:US

If you wish to avoid the crowds, go when the points are lower, just like WDW, the lower point are the "off seasons" for the tourist.
Book your Arizona memorial ahead of time and if you have time I would suggest to see another island while there. We usually do 4 nights on Oahu then 7-8 on the Big Island. One trip we added 5 nights on Maui, that made it a bit too busy, I would stick with 2 from now on.

Have a great trip.

We went in September. Great weather, no rain, and not crowded (lots of available chairs near the pools). It did get busier on the weekend days, but still acceptable and very enjoyable. Perfect time for visiting. Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks guys, I believe I'm lending toward May, early June or September. Glad you posted about your September experience cause that's my first choose. Now I have two years of planning, love planning our trips. I'm thinking about a two week trip with Oahu and Maui as well as a couple days in SF on the way home to break up the long flight back to the East coast.

We're heading to Hawaii for the first time ever next May for our 40th wedding anniversary. We are hoping to spend the first week on the NCL ship Pride of America. It sails from Oahu with stops on Maui, the big island, and Kauai. Once back on Oahu we'll head to Aulani for a week and like you, are looking to get a 1-BR ocean view. Can't wait for the 7 month window and book both the cruise and Aulani!

I would avoid any Hawaiian school holidays. The locals fill Aulani to the max! Often Aulani gives locals better discounts than we can get. During one October trip one family was there with 9 other families from their daughters daycare who were renting studios for $149 per night. It was an offer for locals but required that they rent 10 studios to get the discount. They all thought it was a great staycation.

I live on the West coast, and while I would second May and September, barring Hawaii school holidays and Japanese holidays early May, I love the first half of December.. Good weather and they're staffing up for the holidays, as well as holiday decor...

Ocean view 1BRs should be open in May and Sep based on prior history at 7 months out. Early May can obviously be an issue point wise because it is premier rather than choice season and time in Sep through Labor Day is typically magic season rather than adventure. Generally May before Memorial Day weekend time and Sep after Labor Day are good times to go both crowd and weather wise. June is Aulani's highest DVC demand time of the year although ocean view 1BRs could be available for early June at 7 months out.

I live on the West coast, and while I would second May and September, barring Hawaii school holidays and Japanese holidays early May, I love the first half of December.. Good weather and they're staffing up for the holidays, as well as holiday decor...

Early May is Japan's "Golden Week", hence the premier season for that time period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter