best time for kraken/journey to atlantis

fboy9287

DIS Veteran
when should I do these rides? Should i hit them first? Is the front row worth the wait on Kracken?

I would do JTA right at opening. It is a slow loader and lines can get up to 45 to 60 minutes in the middle of the afternoon. Kraken loads a bit quicker and can be a walk-on for the first few hours of park opening. I would do the front seat at least once. It is a different experience. I would do JTA first thing and Kraken next. You can dry off on Kraken!

You MUST, MUST, MUST do the front seat on Kraken. If you are a coaster fan, the first drop will just blow you away. It is truly awesome (not to mention a little crazy!).

Barry is correct. Get to the park 15 minutes before they open. They let people into the first part, then you hit ropes. They play the national anthem at 9am and then you can walk fast to JTA. It's not a "running of the bulls at CP" but you can get past all the people with strollers and get to JTA for the first boat out. If you go in row 1, you'll get wet when the boat goes into the moat. Go for row 3 and you'll be fine.

Next, hit Kraken and wat for the front seat, even if there is a short wait and the other rows are empty, do the front first.

Then go back to JTA and you'll notice a line starts to form. JTA is more popular because it's a family ride, whereas Kraken has a tuffer height restriction. But both of these rides can easily have 1 hour waits in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter