Best take home snacks?

M_Hammer

Earning My Ears
One last thing I haven't been able to plan out for my trip is the take home snacks. I was able to get free dining with a couple of small kids who don't eat much so I KNOW we'll have snack credits left over. I've read that the rice krispy treats from Main St and the caramel popcorn from Germany are popular "take home" treats, but I was wondering about more popular choices.

Goofy's Candy Co is another of the more popular choices.

It's old, but the sticky at the top of this thread "Confirmed Snacks 2014" will at least give you some other ideas. The majority of the items on that list should still be available as snacks.

Goofy's Candy Co is another of the more popular choices.

It's old, but the sticky at the top of this thread "Confirmed Snacks 2014" will at least give you some other ideas. The majority of the items on that list should still be available as snacks.
I saw the sticky, thanks. I'm looking for people's preferences as well as experience. For example, are the cupcakes still good after a couple of days?

Fudge, brownies, cookies & the like from any of the sweets shops.
Are there any places that have "better/different than average" items?

I was just reading about the make-your-own things at the Goofy Candy Co. but didn't see anything about being available as snacks. Anyone have any experience with those?

Are there any places that have "better/different than average" items?

I was just reading about the make-your-own things at the Goofy Candy Co. but didn't see anything about being available as snacks. Anyone have any experience with those?
We used to visit Seashore Sweets at Boardwalk for these types of treats but have also found some goodies at our resort food court - brownies, giant cookies, dessert type bars. I've heard Goofy's Candy Co has some similar things and we've also found them at Big Top Souvenirs in Magic Kingdom. We are also big fans of everything at Karamell Kuche in Epcot.

We had 19 snacks left at the end of our trip. With travelling internationally we needed something that would hold up well. We also didn't want too much junk!

We bought quite a few bags of the Chip 'n Dale Mountain mix - it's quite a large bag, 10oz I think. I think it is cashews, peanuts, raisins and chocolate. I am going to use it for back to school snacks!

Hi Sophie! Ha ha! We also got the trail mix bags! Plus some cookies (daughter liked the Minnie boxes)!

I agree to get things that hold up well. We ended up with about 25 snacks.

Next time, bringing more luggage!

Our faves:
Packaged candy that will still be good in Christmas stockings. :)

Treats from any of the bakeries (Starring Rolls, the one in France, etc.)

BUT our all time favorite treat for the drive home are caramels from Germany. That is our favorite snack at Disney and we eat them on the way home.

@sharonabe You said it! We love Goofy's Candy Co.! They also have a lot of "take-home" stuff as well, not just chocolate-covered krispy treats! (my personal fav)

Bit of advice, go there instead of The Cauldron Shop. I don't even know if it's still open, but when we went in '14 it was and I wasn't that impressed. Cookies were minimal but Goofy's lives up to the hype.

Also, lots of goof stuff at Main St. Bakery! Not just pastries...candy and packaged goods to boot! Good luck!

To answer my own question above, I read somewhere else that the Goofy's make-your-own treats are available as snack credits if you get the crispy treat, cookie or marshmallow stick

One last thing I haven't been able to plan out for my trip is the take home snacks. I was able to get free dining with a couple of small kids who don't eat much so I KNOW we'll have snack credits left over. I've read that the rice krispy treats from Main St and the caramel popcorn from Germany are popular "take home" treats, but I was wondering about more popular choices.
That's my go-to place for take home snacks as well!!! Caramels, rice krispies, cookies. Also...the School Bread from Norway....it'll last 2 days....I'm always stuffed from F&W so I bring it home with me....it almost never makes it home:)

We took home about 30 snacks last year. We got a lot of trail mix, sour gummies and peanut butter cups from Goofy's Candy Co. The pb cups froze well.

I love the rice krispie treats. I take them home and have one a day til they run out. It extends the holiday feeling a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter