Best Table Service meal for under $40

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tstidm1, Nov 20, 2012.

1. tstidm1

tstidm1 DIS Veteran

I am looking for ADR ideas for a early February trip. Which leads to this question, What is the best Table Service place where you can get away with a two course meal (appetizer or Desert, Entree and Non-alcoholic drink) for under $40 with tax? I would like to do one sit down dinner, but I would like to not spend a ton of money on it.

Can a mod please move this to general dining? I put this in the wrong subforum.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. shortnsassy730

shortnsassy730 Mouseketeer

For one? You can do a three course pirx fixe menu at Les chefs. If it's for one almost any table service. Some of my faves are Liberty Tree @ Lunch, VIa Napoli, Les Chefs, Sanaa

4. tstidm1

tstidm1 DIS Veteran

That is for one. I am doing a solo trip from February 1-5. I have wanted to try Sanaa or Boma for a while. I would prefer a Dinner instead of Lunch, though.

5. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

Are you interested in buffets (e.g., Boma) or only full service TS places? Does the $40 include only tax or tax and tip?

It won't be really easy to find a dinner venue for under $40 (with tax and tip). Assuming a 20% tip and 6.5% tax, that only leaves you with $32 for the entree, appetizer/dessert, and drink. Drinks are about $3 and desserts are usually between $6 and $10, so that leaves between $23 to $19 for the entree.

Some good options include Rose & Crown Pub (Cottage Pie ($17), sticky toffee pudding ($6)), Via Napoli (individual pizza ($19)), Liberty Tree Tavern (but I like lunch much better), and Raglan Road.

6. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

You can take a look at the menus on allears. Sanaa has entrees and options that would work. Boma is a buffet so it depends on the price when you go.

If you're budgeting $40 (not including tip) there are a number of workable options. If you keep the entree/add'l course and beverage at $37.50 you'll come in just under $40.

You could also look into the restaurants that have a prix fixe menu that includes an app, entree and dessert for a fixed price. Beverage will be extra.

Here's the link to allears:
    http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm#res

7. Zandy595

Zandy595 DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f

I've heard very good things about Olivia's Cafe. Check out the menus.

8. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

Kona offers wonderful dinner options that meet your criteria. They have tasty appetizers or desserts. Most dinner options are less than $22.00. Rose and crown is a solid option too. I agree with a pp, Olivia's is worth checking out.

The grand Floridian cafe offers a quiet setting and good food. I love their key lime pie.

Have fun!

9. snowwite

snowwite DIS Veteran

Boma is a buffet and less than $40.
    Sanaa is on my list too. My DD is a CM and says it is good. She is a veggie tho so she can't vouch for meat dishes.
    I liked Boatrights Dining at POR for a nice sit down meal. We also liked the cafe at the Grand Floridian. I forget the name of it but it will be on the dining page.

10. CHIPSTER

CHIPSTER DIS Veteran

We are going in early February also and I have booked dinner at the Captain's Grill at the Yacht CLub - they seem to have a nice menu and a prix fixed menu for $29.99 which includes appetizers and dessert and they have some nice selections.