Best summer rate?

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by breick, Mar 6, 2001.

1. breick

breick Mouseketeer

I know some of you have reservations at FW for this summer...What's the best rate anyone has?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chip35

Chip35 Earning My Ears

We got an upsell rate for a Fort Wilderness cabin for $ 169.00+tax per night for July 9th-12th. I think this is a good rate! Good luck, Chip&Janet.

4. sltrawick

sltrawick Mouseketeer

Thru my Disney Club card...we got a full hookup campsite for 51.00 a night. For a 10 night stay with tax and everything...it came to $569.00. We are going in June.

º0º
    Sharon in Florida
    Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
    Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-9
    My Trips to DW:
    Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
    OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
    Honeymoon-1985
    FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
    [​IMG]

5. breick

breick Mouseketeer

bumping up

6. zoe dog

zoe dog Mouseketeer

Wow! How did that work? Did you begin to make a ressie for somewhere else and got a cabin as an upsell? Or is it possible to reserve a cabin and then ask if there are any upsells for the cabins? We know that the cabins are best for our family so we aren't even considering anything else -- but we'd sure love a rate like that!!

7. breick

breick Mouseketeer

bumping up - surely someone else is going this summer...

8. KP2

KP2 Earning My Ears

I called yesterday to check rates at the Port Orleans Riverside and Animal Kingdom Lodge for a group of five (3 adults, 2 children). The CM offered the rate of $169/night for a cabin at Fort Wilderness.

She told me that it is a better rate than I would receive with my Disney Club or AP rate.

9. bama3

bama3 Earning My Ears

I was reading your post earlier and made a quick trip to the phone and tried to get the $169.00 deal, but the they told me that it would be impossible to get that kind of rate at the "homes". Do I try to make reservations at another resort, then try for the upsell. Just wondering. If I could get this rate, I could add another night to our family vacation. Adding another night would really help our schedule. Thanks for your help.

10. KP2

KP2 Earning My Ears

That is exactly what I did.

When quoted $288/night for Animal Kingdom Lodge for 5, I said that was too steep. Please try Port Orleans Riverside with a trundle bed. Before quoting a price for Riverside, she told me about the Fort Wilderness Cabin for $169/night. I would guess that this is called an Upsell.

Hope this helps...

Kathy P.