Best sugar free/fat free foods or deserts?

dr28326

She is our Princess!
Looking fro fat free and/or sugar free foods and deserts for snacks and counter service.........any suggestions?

I would like to know myself. I was just diagnosed with type II diabetes and want to know what my dessert options are at WDW, if any.

The chicken salad at Toy Story Pizza Planet was delicious and you get the dressing on the side, whatever kind you choose (they are in the section near the counter with the other condiments). It had fresh veggies, chicken and cantaloupe in it. As far as I know all the CS places (or almost all of them) have an entree salad option.

For desserts you have the option of getting fruit. You could also get yogurt and I did this once. It was the light yogurt without any added sugar in it. Many CS restaurants also carry a sugar-free brownie or other item for dessert as an option.

For snacks there is always fresh fruit. It is delicious. I had some grapes one time and they were very good.

For TS meals, many places have sugar-free ice cream as a dessert. For the meals it might be harder. Again, there are always salads available. Grilled items like steak, chicken, etc. Or ask and maybe the chef can create something for you.

I would call in advance for any TS places. My dad is diabetic and if they come with us in 2010 this is exactly what we will be doing. I will call and ask them to put something on our ADR indicating he is diabetic. From what people here report, the restaurants are very accommodating.

Oh and at breakfast buffets they always have hot and cold cereals available, fresh fruits too.

I am a type 1 diabetic, and my personal favorite would have to be the Boardwalk Bakery, they have a variety of sugar-free treats. including Chocolate Covered strawberries :cloud9: . The bakery in France has some low-sugar treats too, including the fruit tarts and some of the pastries.

Thanks so much kirrrby. We own at Boardwalk and go to the Boardwalk Bakery most mornings. That is such a relief as far as breakfast goes. :woohoo:

Good idea for a thread. :thumbsup2 You may want to consider posting it as 2 seperate threads though. I'd love some ideas for low-fat options (other than fruit) myself. Unfortunately, sugar free foods are often loaded with fat. The same is true for many low-fat foods having a lot of sugar. It needs something to make it taste good. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter