best shoes to walk all around disney

I wear Zcoil shoes. They are specially designed for back pain relief. My feet and back feel great, even after two weeks of hitting the different parks. :thumbsup2 And they don't bother my bunions. :)

I wear my Ecco sandals that sort of look like mary-janes. Around my kids, I always end up with stepped on toes and these sandals protect me from my kids' feet as well as everyone else in the crowd.

Crocs! I know they're not attractive ( I had the red Mickey ones and I wear a size 11 so in every pic that included my feet, it looked like I had borrowed Mickey's shoes....it was not attractive but oh my feet thanked me!). I think I might try the flip flops or request that my feet are not included in the pics.

I love my Keens, Saucony tennies, Chacos and Teva Mush flip flops. :)

*Has anybody worn Havaianas in the parks all day???? * Were they OK???

I have Croc Mary Janes and Alice styles. They are OK, but not great for me.

Lives4Disney

I love Crocs for at home, but I found at Disney, there was not enough arch support. I did a morning in the MK and had to go back and change them because my arches and calves were sore. BUT...I do have high arches. So I would say it depends on your feet.

We're just back from WDW, and I had planned to rotate between my Reebok trainers, and Keen Venice H2. Well, my Reeboks were fine, but I totally messed up, and bought new socks, that were too low, and they rubbed horribly against my achilles. So I wore the Keens 4 days in a row. I had NO feet/leg issues at all.

I love my Reebock rockers ever since my orthopedist recommended them and always wore them to WDW. I had always worn them for weeks before going but I still always got a blister under my big toe and the one next to it.
I bought Crocs a few years ago after reading these boards and wore a pair to WDW on a 2 week summer trip with people who had never been to the parks. I did more walking those two weeks than I did in 5 trips previously.
I never got a sore spot, blister or anything and my feet felt great. I even had a great time in puddles because the water ran right out. I never had to worry about wet shoes.
I could never wear flip flops because I hated the thing between my toes and with my neuropathy I couldn't keep them on, I would walk out of them because I couldn't feel them on my feet.
I tried a pair of my sister's Croc flip flops and fell in love. They stay on my feet and they are more comfortable than Crocs, except in the winter when I need socks on.
My only problem with Crocs is that when I buy the kind that fit 2 sizes (I wear 8 1/2 so buy the 8-9, the 9-10 are too big) my long toe rubs and I get a callous. I never got a blister but I did get a callous on the tip of that toe. It doesn't happen with my Mickey Crocs that are sized better, I bought a 9 and they fit great.

Either Reefs or the Croc Flip-flops. I'm a flip-flop girl who's feet hurt too much in sneakers. Yes, I have really bizarre tan lines on my feet, but comfort is the key.

Just to give you an idea as to me and the sneakers not working, Thanksgiving I alwasy have a fresh pair of socks and either crocs or a slip on sneaker waiting to put on after I finish the parade, I just can't stand to be in sneakers for more than an hour or two at a time.

I second the Reefs! :thumbsup2 Super comfy, and if it rains, you're feet dry quickly and you don't have to worry about walking around in wet, squishy socks and sneakers. :scared: (I always hated that as a kid.)

In my case, it are Crocs. Each model I have (Cayman, Beach, Athens, the Cayman-like one without holes and the Cleo (or is it Patra? the one that is completely out of rubber), has proven its effectiveness at Disney.

The sandal-like Crocs aren't that ugly.
And the best thing: no smelly/ sweaty feet (this is for each Crocs model)

I bought a pair of Nike flip-flops from Kohls last summer when they were on sale (and with a coupon, of course). They are SO comfortable. I wore those shoes around WDW and DL last year.

I also bought a pair of athletic sandals (can't remember the brand now). Those were super comfie, too. I wore those all over WDW, too.

Crocs are too ugly.

TEVAS I would never wear sneakers around disney all day...this is florida and if it rains (and it will lol) your left with WET sneakers...yuck tevas are the best flip flop soooo comfy I live in them

My new best friends are my "FITFLOPS" I love them. They are a workout flip flop. I have had several people that have bought because I so raved about them come back and gave me hugs because they had such HAPPY FEET now. The can be found at Macy's, Dillards and they even have there own web site. I'm going back to Disney in May and can't wait to wear them then.

My new best friends are my "FITFLOPS" I love them. They are a workout flip flop. I have had several people that have bought because I so raved about them come back and gave me hugs because they had such HAPPY FEET now. The can be found at Macy's, Dillards and they even have there own web site. I'm going back to Disney in May and can't wait to wear them then.

I have read about these but have a question for you...I have extremely sensitive feet and feel burning/get blisters on the bottoms quite easily. :sad2: I generally wear sneakers and thick socks in disney. Do you find that the material on the fit flops is comfortable and not abrasive in any way? I really want to try them but like most other sandals, I wind up not wearing them for more than an hour or two because of the pain and blisters. Any comments?
Thanks for your help!

ETA: Maybe I should have posted this in a PM...sorry...hopefully the response will help someone else.

My new love are Merrills!!! They fit my feet beautifully and are so comfortable to walk in. I think these and a pair of Asics will be my shoes to take to DC with me to deal with all of the walking there.

Personally I love my crocs...wore them the ENTIRE time last time. But, I did bring my sneakers with me in case.

We're a big KEEN family... from the sandals to mary janes to the various shoes. Love 'em, and they've all been perfect for the walking at WDW :thumbsup2

i would say there is no way around it:
you'll have to find out for yourself :) .
funny ~ i (or DH or DD) have tried every single sneaker brand listed in the "i would never wear crocs" posts :rolleyes: and every one resulted in foot pain when used for extended walking (they were fine for under 5 miles, not for 8-10+ (i'm sure those oft talked about loooong hallways at the BW add milage for us tho :lmao: ))

despite the ugly appearance of the caymens & such (& i don't feel they are "cheap"), crocs really are comfortable for many.
personally, i'm staying with the sensi ibiza (great "drainage" for water rides & rain, nice arch support ~ and really cute :thumbsup2 ), switching to the flip-flop croc styles (athens) as needed/wanted, but you'll really need to find which fits you best. (btw, price is not neccessarily the best indicator of comfort: i have a few pair of steve madden & other "pricey" sandals that will never get the chance to go to WDW:sad1: ).
good luck ~ shoe shopping is always fun :banana:

Crocs with socks. I swear they changed my life. Get yourself down to the mall and try on a pair!

I wore crocs the entire 10 days we were down there and my feet never hurt once! I dread winters now, because I can't wear crocs. I have a hard time finding other shoes that are comfortable. However, it sounds like it depends on the shape of your foot whether they fit right or not. Good luck finding something that works for you!

I have always lived in Nike sneakers, and they're great shoes. But this last time I got sneakers, the sales-girl said that everybody at that store wears Asics. They work on their feet all day, and she said Asics were the only shoes that kept their feet comfortable all day. So, I decided to try on a pair of Asics and walked around the store for a while- OMG! These are the most amazingly comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet. And, the comfort lasts all day long!! I had sore feet a few days ago, due to a very hard day the day before. I got up, put on my Asics, and the pain in my heels started to tone down. By the afternoon, my feet were about painless. You can believe that next time I go 'home', I'm wearing my Asics!!

I agree. I love Asics.

Wear comfy sneakers that you've worn for a few weeks at home. Don't break them in in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter