Best shoes for BOYS?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
Any suggestions on good shoes for boys? We want to avoid blisters if at all possible! ;)

Sneakers, for sure! We buy New Balance or Stride Rite for ds6, ds6 and ds4. We are lucky enough to have outlets for both nearby.

We always get closed toe sandals for DS7. They keep his feet cool and if he gets on a wet ride, they will drain and dry out quickly. We like the ones from Landsend. Their newest style for this year have a mildew, bacteria and odor control material in the sole of the shoe.

We bring a good pair of Sneakers and a pair of cushioned sandals with us. I found a excellent pair of sneakers on sale at Kids foot Locker by Nike that are made in wides (my Kid has fat feet!) and have good arch support. I also found a pair of Cushioned Velcro Sports Sandals at the the local Shoe outlet that are made by stride rite. We recently bought our son some Birkenstocks for kids that were on clearance but they are a little too big on him right now and hopefully by mid summer he can wear them.

Check out The Shoe Dept if you have one in your local mall. They carry good brands and have various widths for kids. It's one of the few places that I can find shoes that fit good and are of decent quality for the price.

Jane

I get my son sandals at our local Walmart. The inside of the straps are cushioned so he never has to break them in. He wears them the whole time we are there and never gets a blister or sore feet - he loves them.

:cool1: Payless Airwalk croc type shoes worked great for my DS7 and they come in cool tie dye green and yellow. Warning: he may never switch back to real shoes and it kinda makes it hard when we want to go to church now that were back but hey he's comfortable! :rotfl: Everyone knows the kid with the tye-dye shoes! :clown:

My son (9) has crocs which he will bring as well as two pair of athletic shoes. I'm using the tip from other posters to spray our feet with foot deoderant to prevent feet sweating which can cause blisters. Also will have that second skin just in case of little "hot spots".

I really like Lands End shoes and sandals for my boys. They are great for good quality at a reasonable price. Tevas make great sandals, and so does Merrell. New Balance is also an excellent brand for tennis shoes. I like shopping at www.sierratradingpost.com for excellent buys on great quality shoes. You never know what they have, or if they will have your size, but we frequently get great shoes at Payless prices.

Don't forget to bring moleskin to put on any hotspots, and avoid the blisters!

My boys want a pair of crocks and I was afraid that they would be the only boys with them. I guess I will have to go get some before we leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter