Best sandals for men

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by dr&momto2boys, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys DIS Veteran

I've researched and purchased shoes for myself (New Balance running shoes and Molokini flip flops) and the kids (Disney Crocs), but my husband will not wear Crocs or flip flops. I'll get him New Balance running shoes too, but any recommendations on sandals for him? He's a bit concerned about some of his toenails--yellow and cracked--so he won't wear flip flops but he does sometimes wear sandals with open toes--just not so obvious. I'd really like to hear what you think is comfortable and at least somewhat stylish.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. aimeeg

aimeeg DIS Veteran

My husband too has toenail issues. That being said. I forced him to wear Croc Athens and he loved them so much he is wearing them still! They are super comfy and are manish!

4. vanillarum

vanillarum DIS Veteran

I'm a 53 yo male, and I love my Teva sandals. I also just recently purchased a pair of Montrail flipflops that you heat in the oven before you wear them, and they are just as comfortable !! Good luck !:thumbsup2

5. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

My dh is a runner and has all kinds of foot issues. He loves his Tevas. They are comfortable on his feet at WDW.

I've been trying to get him to give Crocs a try, but he won't.

6. nemesis

nemesis Mouseketeer

I second the Tevas! Wonderful sandals!

7. cepmom

cepmom <font color=red>Mine are painted too<br><font colo

My DH wears his Teva flip flops or his Teva like sport sandals, but if your DH has toenail issues, what about Keens? Sport sandal like, but with a closed toe. Others swear by them ~ I have not tried them.

http://www.rei.com/product/707782

8. moparop

moparop DIS Veteran

My dad has toenail issues and loves his keens. He wears them nonstop. If he doesn't have those on... he wears his Tevas.

9. mackeyapp

mackeyapp DIS Veteran

We just came back from our first summer trip and I had to convince my Dh to buy sandals. He finally agreed to a pair of Teva sandals and they are enclosed (somewhat) at the toe and he Loved them. He actually wore them more than his running shoes! I have tevas as well and we both found them to be very comfortable, on par with our Asics running shoes.

10. bluejaygirl

bluejaygirl On tour!