Best Rides, Attractions & Experiences...

xfitpolemum

April 6 - 13th, 2015!!!
My 2 daughters (8yrs and nearly 2yrs) and I are going to Disney World in April with her dance school.

I'm looking for ideas on what rides, attractions & experiences are best for us cause I just feel overwhelmed looking at the Disney website (and quite frankly, I don't have time to sit down & go through every single one).

We have a 5 day ParkHopper pass.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Everything without a height requirement (there aren't many) will be suitable for the three of you. Is this your first trip? If so, I recommend utitlizing a touring plan website to get a good handle on your days as the parks are large and a lot of time can be wasted backtracking.

Which attractions are best for whom is really very subjective. People can give you recommendations for which ones they think are don't misses, favorites, etc, but that doesn't mean that you and your daughters are going to agree. You say you don't have time to read about all the attractions, but I really think that's the only way you're going to know which ones you'll enjoy.

Pick up a guide book and do some reading. Only you are going to be able to decide which things your kids will be interested in. We could suggest every princess thing in the world but if neither of your daughters are at all into the girly princessy thing, that's not going to do you any good! If we suggest some shows, but neither one wants to sit still long enough to watch them, it won't do any good.

Honestly, the only way to figure it out is to do some research of your own.

The DisUnplugged podcast did a overrated and underrated attractions show a few months ago... It may help you find some of the non-headliner attractions.

My 2 daughters (8yrs and nearly 2yrs) and I are going to Disney World in April with her dance school.

During April vacation? I understand you're overwhelmed, but you are really going to need to do a litte research either on-line or with a book like the Unofficial Guide to WDW. I would focus on getting a decent understanding of FP+ and the My Disney Experience App. Once you've got that, you can start thinking about what rides interest you -there really isn't much that I would say a 2-y/o will get a lot out of, so if it were me I would focus on your 8-y/o. For instance, in MK:

Enchanted Tales w/Belle
Buzz Lightyear
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Dumbo
Tomorrowland Transit
Country Bear Jamboree

I'm sure some others will suggest other attractions in different Parks.

Wow, with the park hopper passes, you will have lots of options! Good for you. You might want to use some of your fastpasses for meet and greets with the characters. Get Anna and Elsa as soon as your fastpass window opens up. They go fast!! Are the girls big princess fans?? That would determine if you want to do fastpasses for the meet and greets. You can meet a lot of princesses at the castle in Norway at breakfast time/forgot the name of the castle. Don't miss "Figment" in Epcot. You have to pace yourself at Epcot. I think the world showcase is better beginning in late afternoon when it cools down. There is something called "rider switch" which can help if your little one can't ride. Not sure how it works, but you might want to look in to that. Also, I think they can give the little one something so they can ride when they are big enough. Not sure how that works either. Sorry it has been a while. My daughter is not 13. There is a Winnie the Pooh ride. Do Tales w/Belle for sure, it is truly magical!!

I disagree with the person who said there isn't much that a 2 y/o can get much out of. We took my DD2 back in December (she'll be 3 in a couple of weeks) and it rocked.her.world. Meet and Greets were the best thing. If your girls are familiar with the characters, I think that's something really worth your time. My girl loved every ride we took her on. Still talks about it every day. We're going back in December with her grandmother and every day it's: "Can we go on the spooky ghost ride with grandma?" "Can grandma ride the roller coaster with me?" "Will grandma like Dumbo?" "I can't wait to ride small world with grandma!"

If your 2 y/o is tall enough and kind of brave, they will probably all love barnstormer.

There are lots of attractions geared towards all ages and if you have another adult with you, you can utilize rider swap for the attractions that the little ones can't/don't want to go on.

I would recommend doing some reading, at least on the major attractions. Planning and researching will get you pumped for your trip, and you'll love it. The magic in your girls eyes will probably make you a disney addict ;] have fun!

I disagree with the person who said there isn't much that a 2 y/o can get much out of. We took my DD2 back in December (she'll be 3 in a couple of weeks) and it rocked.her.world. Meet and Greets were the best thing. If your girls are familiar with the characters, I think that's something really worth your time. My girl loved every ride we took her on. Still talks about it every day. We're going back in December with her grandmother and every day it's: "Can we go on the spooky ghost ride with grandma?" "Can grandma ride the roller coaster with me?" "Will grandma like Dumbo?" "I can't wait to ride small world with grandma!"

If your 2 y/o is tall enough and kind of brave, they will probably all love barnstormer.

There are lots of attractions geared towards all ages and if you have another adult with you, you can utilize rider swap for the attractions that the little ones can't/don't want to go on.

I would recommend doing some reading, at least on the major attractions. Planning and researching will get you pumped for your trip, and you'll love it. The magic in your girls eyes will probably make you a disney addict ;] have fun!

I totally agree -but with an 8-yo my thought was focus on her and the younger child can follow along. Gearing it towards the 2-yo might bore the older child. The older child will remember the trip, probably not the younger. The way I read it was that rider swap may not be an option.

I totally agree -but with an 8-yo my thought was focus on her and the younger child can follow along. Gearing it towards the 2-yo might bore the older child. The older child will remember the trip, probably not the younger. The way I read it was that rider swap may not be an option.

Yup, I agree with that. My point being that you can't discount the 2 y/o...she's going to enjoy everything too!

Also I can only speak from the experience I have...which is all toddler related :] I love that disney can be loved by literally every single age group!

When we were an adult short, we geared towards what the youngest could do.

I don't see my younger self on my first trip to Disney sending the 8yo on rides by herself.

So activities would be geared to rides with no height restriction. It may be disappointing to the taller child, but there really isn't much option.

Of another adult is along, then it would balance the day so that both kids are enjoying themselves as we utilize baby swaps.

That said--to the OP, an activity that may intrigue the 8yo is Sorceror's of the Magic Kingdom on MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter