Best restaurants

h2odivers

Mouseketeer
This will be our first on the DDP, dining plus. Since we get 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack per day for seven days. We want to get the best bang for our money. I Don't neccassarily want to pick a restaurant based on price, but I don't want to waste my money either. Any restaurants we should go to bacause of great food and and great value? And restaurants we should maybe pay for out of pocket, because it's not a great value for the dining plan? Any suggestions for table service and counter service restaurant will be greatly appreciated.
thank you so much for your help.

We love the Cape May Cafe for their dinner buffet (really good seafood) and the Garden Grill in Epcot for TS.

Lots of great options for QS including Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays in MK for selection. Earl of Sandwich in DTD is really good as well.

So many other possibilities!!!

My vote goes to the following:
San Angel Inn (Mexico) and La Hacienda de San Angel. I prefer the lunch menu to the dinner menu at the Inn, which works as Hacienda is only dinner anyway :p. Both were very good food, decent service (Hacienda go slow as time went on), and should be a decent value on DDP. However, neither is your typical American "Mexican" food. You won't find ground beef tacos or burritos at either location (except maybe on the Kids' Menus).

Kona Cafe. NY Strip was very good, as were the pork & vegetable pot stickers and even more so the banana creme brulee. The NY Strip is just about the cost of 1 DDP TS credit, so it'd be like getting a free dessert and drink. Service was only so-so though for dinner. (Breakfast was also good, but not worth a DDP TS credit).

Mama Melrose. Again, NY Strip was very good and service was great. I had a simple vanilla gelato for dessert and it was quite tasty.

Now, my list is a bit skewed, since I don't eat chicken, pork, or fish, my choices are limited and tend to be on the pricier side.

As for OOP suggestions? The only one I can think of is any non-Character breakfast (QS or TS) and The Plaza.

I don't really do CS though, so I have no input there.

If you eat at Cape May Cafe Seafood Buffet for DINNER then you will get your money's worth out of your dining plan for the day. I think that buffet is around $37 per person. There are several buffets that are $30 or more per person at dinner. As long as you USE your TS, QS and snacks and order drinks and eat your desserts you will get your money's worth out of the plan. It evens out to about what you would pay out of pocket overall.

MARA- counter service at AKL and Pepper Market at CS are both different QS locations if you decide you want something other than park or your resort for QS meals.

POR has a BIG food court AND a sit down restaurant.

TS we love are : LeCellier [lunch is one credit], Coral Reef, Ohana supper, Tusker House Safari breakfast. Wolfgand Puck Express at DTD is an awesome QS meal too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter