Best Restaurants that server lighter fare foods.

stwestrox

Earning My Ears
We are going to the parks after a 7 day cruise and have Free Dining (bounce back offer). Last time we were on a cruise we didn't want a lot of heavy food after getting off the ship.

I'm about to make some reservations.
What are your favorite restaurants that have good food that isn't too heavy (with more options than a salad). We like pretty much all types of food as long as it is prepared properly.

These were the restaurants that I thought of:

Captain Cook's
Kona Island (for sashimi and sushi)
Be Our Guest lunch
Crystal Palace (a lot of very different salads)
Sunshine Seasons
Garden Grill (fresh veggies, fish)
Backlot Express
Mama Melrose's (pasta with grilled veggies)
Pizzafari
Boma dinner (lots of soups and interesting salads, fresh veggies)

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern has a really good salad and I really liked the caesar salad at Tony's Town Square. I had the shrimp on mine (7 nice sized shrimp) and my son had the chicken on his. I was really worried about Tony's after reading all the bad reviews but everyone in our party was happy with their meals here.

I'd consider signatures and lounges because their appetizer menus are usually great. I'd stay away from buffets and fixed price meals under these circumstances, even though they offer lighter options. We ate light at Boma in January and while I loved the selections, it seemed like such a poor value that it impacted my enjoyment.

A few of my favorites for light dinners:
California Grill - appetizer menu
Territory Lounge
Brown Derby - cobb salad (sorry, that's salad)
Le Cellier - soup and salad (sorry, that's another salad!)
Bluezoo - GREAT appetizer menu - scallop and shortrib is fantastic and a very nice tiny portion
Tutto Gusto - small plates and appetizers
Tokyo Dining - sushi
Flying Fish - appetizers, soup, salad
The Wave - so many light options on the menu - this was my pre-marathon meal in January and it was perfect!
Kona Cafe

If you have free dining you probably wont want appetizers since they aren't included with dining plan. I would suggest Sanaa, Be Our Guest, The Plaza, Wolfgang Puck Express, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter