Best Restaurant in Epcot (on a budget)

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Mommyof3inVA, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

We are a family of 5 on a budget. Need to find a good restaurant in Epcot that is family friendly as we have 3 kids who are picky eaters. Any suggestions? Akershus is too expensive.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdtopgun71

jdtopgun71 Mouseketeer

For a family of picky eaters Garden Grilli might be a food option. Has been a while since we've been but they have a Dutch style Buffett where they bring everything to the table and from want I recall they had a good selection.

4. jpcdds6

jpcdds6 Earning My Ears

go to via napoli and split a pizza. i'm sure kids will be ok with that.

5. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

Sunshine Seasons
    . . . relatively cheap
    . . . varied meal lines
    . . . lots of "picky kid" food
    . . . great dessert area and bakery

6. turkeymama

turkeymama DIS Veteran

Love that place. It is the best quick service value imho. DS is very picky, too (as is DH). This is one of the places that we'll actually visit multiple times each trip.

7. DEA

DEA DIS Veteran

Sunshine Seasons, as previously suggested, or Tangierine Café are both inexpensive and very good. The latter might have some things outside the picky kids' comfort zone, potentially, but there are some middle-of-the-road choices there, too.

8. bcrook

bcrook DIS Veteran

For TS, via Napoli and Rose and Crown providethe most bang for my buck.

9. monorailmom

monorailmom DIS Veteran

Via Napoli was a huge hit for our picky group! We ordered a pizza, which everyone loved. The salad we ordered had 'fancy' lettuce in it, which our kids wouldn't touch, but we let them order the Zeppoli for dessert, and that was a huge success!

10. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

Thanks Ya'll! I had been considering Via Napoli but was not sure if it was 'kid friendly'...I LOVE a good pizza:lovestruc

11. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

Its a short walk outside the international gateway, but consider the espn club. The huge tvs with sports are great entertainment for the boys..... I personally enjoyed big river bbq as well (also cheap for disney).

12. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

refillable soda stations.... it's the best cheap option on property IMHO we go there every single trip! and it's yummy!

13. J.C.&ALI'SMOM

J.C.&ALI'SMOM <font color=darkblue>I really had to bite my tongu

What do you mean by kid friendly?

You can check on all WDW menus at allearsnet .com and see what each TS and CS has. Are you on DDP?

14. kkbutterfly

kkbutterfly Mouseketeer

Sunshines Food Court has some options and you could split a few meals different ways. I think the pizza at Via Napoli is huge, a large couldn't come close to feeding two adults who like pizza so you could probably get away with a large pizza depending on yours and your kids appetites and maybe some sort of appetizer. If they don't get sodas you could save a bit as well.

15. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Wine Snob

Not sure what you consider kid friendly, but most restaurants in the parks are definitely able to accomodate kids. Via Napoli is especially good because it is bright, open and loud. Plus the wait staff (mostly from Italy) is casual, fun and great at keeping a party going.

If I was on a budget in the parks, as long as the kids like pizza Via Napoli would be my #1 choice since you can basically split a big pizza among a table of 5. Second choice would be the Biergarden in Germany, but only for a late lunch (it's the same food as at dinner for much less).

16. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! I consider kid friendly to be somewhere that is somewhat loud and serves kids menu choices such as chicken nuggets, pizza, etc. But if we can ALl split a large pizza then that would be even better for the wallet :thumbsup2

My kids aren't big eater's really.

17. daisy112878

daisy112878 DIS Veteran

Via Napoli is great. We just went last week with our 3yo, 2 yo and 6 month old. We usually do the kids pizza for the boys then dh and I split an individual pizza and the add on salad.

18. B-Ride

B-Ride Getting My Disney Fix

Add me to the Sunshine Season's bandwagon. On our first two trips back when I was Mr. Frugal (AKA Mr. Cheapskate) we ate there twice.