Best resort to stay at in October for 4 adults?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by linck7421, Jun 17, 2013.

1. linck7421

linck7421 Earning My Ears

SO... I'm planning another yearly trip to WDW. So far we've stayed at POP, all the Allstars, CB, and Cont. We are wanting to stay at a place we've never stayed before. Suggestions? What is the best resort hands down and why?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. amccu18007

amccu18007 DIS Veteran

For four adults during food and wine, I would say yacht and or beach club. You can not beat walking to Epcot and HS plus all of the night life is right there! Plenty of nicer restaurants within walking distance too. Did I mention Epcot is right there???

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

The Poly would be my choice as that's our favorite resort. We love the tropical atmosphere, the large spacious rooms, relaxing in a hammock on the beach, and being on the monorail where it's convenient to the GF and CR for a variety of dining and shopping options. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter where you stay :goodvibes.

5. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Hands down the Best suggestion, bar none. :thumbsup2. IMHO :rotfl2:

In fact we're at the Beach Club now, we just got off the Fantasy :boat: this past Saturday. Oops forgot to mention the great pool at the Y&BC.....

6. amym2

amym2 DIS Veteran

We stayed a couple of nights at Old Key West last October and LOVED it. Olivia's is a great restaurant, and you can take a boat to DTD. It has a very casual Florida vibe, which may or not be what you're looking for, depending on where you are coming from.

Wilderness Lodge is another favorite. Yummy restaurants, great pool, nice ambience in the lobby.

7. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

Are you planning for this year or next? If you are planning to go this October, you might need to check availability. We wanted to grab a room for BC but most of the rooms had already been snatched up. Good luck, and happy planning!

8. Tink0812

Tink0812 Mouseketeer

If you are wanting to go deluxe, the Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. I like the grandiose feel of the place yet it still feels "homey" to me (I am from a rural area and enjoy being outdoors/camping). I also enjoy taking the boat to MK. Which also makes it easy to take monorail to Epcot for Food and Wine festival. From what I hear, the Epcot area/Boardwalk area resorts are quite busy during Food and Wine festival just simply for the fact of convenience of being so close to Epcot. Now, if you are wanting to go moderate, Port Orleans (both FQ and RS) is an excellent choice. I find both sections to be quiet and my family enjoys the easy access to DTD via the Sassagoula boat system. We spend a lot of evenings at DTD (Raglan Road and Paradiso 37 are our favs).

9. LSchrow

LSchrow <font color=green>We're eating brussel sprouts & a

"best" is subjective :)
    for october however, i would definitely agree with an EPCOT resort for the F&WF (a short stroll or boat ride away there, as well as DHS).
    YC is beautiful, elegant, and quiet.
    BWI/BWV has nighttime performers, jellyrolls (dueling piano bar), etc

the BC/BCV is wonderful, but more geared toward (lots and lots of;)) little ones, imho.

all have easy access to many dining options, including those in EPCOT. as said though, the likelihood of getting more than a few consecutive nights at any of the above three for this october is not good.

10. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If all four are in one room, you'll pay an extra $50 a night for the extra two adults at the BC/YC/BWI.