Best resort for two couples?

PixieUK

Earning My Ears
Hello there - first time poster so please be kind!

My hubby and I have just returned from a fabulous holiday at Coronado Springs resort. Although not our first time to Florida it was our first time on site and we loved it. We are planning to go back to Florida with another couple in 2015 and the hubby and I are hoping to persuade them to stay onsite. Are there any resorts that provide accommodation suitable for two couples? We want to keep the cost down as much as possible but also there needs to be room for us to have our own space, so we want to avoid all four of us in one room if possible.

Thanks in advance!

PixieUK said:
Hello there - first time poster so please be kind!

My hubby and I have just returned from a fabulous holiday at Coronado Springs resort. Although not our first time to Florida it was our first time on site and we loved it. We are planning to go back to Florida with another couple in 2015 and the hubby and I are hoping to persuade them to stay onsite. Are there any resorts that provide accommodation suitable for two couples? We want to keep the cost down as much as possible but also there needs to be room for us to have our own space, so we want to avoid all four of us in one room if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe try to rent DVC points for a 2 bdr unti. Probably cheaper than getting two separate rooms.

Maybe try to rent DVC points for a 2 bdr unti. Probably cheaper than getting two separate rooms.

A two bedroom DVC suite requires three rooms. We have never looked at the three room DVC suites, but the two room suites we have looked at, are the same number of points as a two single rooms. From a point perspective, there is no savings.

Buying DVC points might be cheaper than rack rate but that will depend on the time of year, days of the week for the stay, and any discounts.

Later,
Dan

We've done 2 bedroom units at OKW & BCV with friends & had plenty of room; a Full Kitchen, Family/Dining Area & most of all separate bedrooms. No way :sad2: would we book one room for both couples.

I think it would probably be best to book 2 rooms and ask to be near each other. You could book a 2 bedroom villa. It would probably be pretty expensive. If you know you won't cancel, you can save money booking with David's. http://www.dvcrequest.com/

If you are really good friends, you could book a cabin at Ft Wilderness. It is 1 bedroom and living room, with a full kitchen and grill. One couple in the bedroom and one in the living room. They have full kitchens so you could save money by preparing many of your own meals. (Gardengrocer.com delivers if you don't have a car.)

A two bedroom DVC suite requires three rooms. We have never looked at the three room DVC suites, but the two room suites we have looked at, are the same number of points as a two single rooms. From a point perspective, there is no savings.

Buying DVC points might be cheaper than rack rate but that will depend on the time of year, days of the week for the stay, and any discounts.

Later,
Dan

I don't understand what you mean by "requires three rooms." We've rented points for a 2 bdrm villa and it was about the same price as two rooms at a moderate resort. The advantage is that with the villa you also have a living room, full kitchen, and laundry.

2 rooms at the swan/dolphin could be good value for 2 couples. Between DS and Epcot and often available at good discount prices - sometimes equal to the price of a moderate but still very much a luxury resort. The location is awesome with lots of restaurants and night life.

The Arts of Animation Suites also has 2 separate sleeping areas, though one of them is a murphy bed.

I think it depends on how much you have in your budget. The monorail hotels might be a good choice, but they are the more expensive of the onsite options, however you might be able to book two garden rooms at the Contemporary. If this is not what you had in mind, then maybe two rooms at POR or CSR could work for you, since you already like CSR. Personally I love AKL and think this would be a fun place for two couples. As you can see from all the suggestions, there really are lots of great onsite choices.

That is what we did .. and yes, it was cheaper. When we vacation with friends we want to be together, but not in a hotel room (still need are separate space). When we decided to book a trip to Disney with close friends we found that renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom villa was the best way to go.

Renting a 2 BR from a DVC resort is probably your best bet. You will have plenty of room, 2 bathrooms, a full kitchen, plus a washer/dryer in the room. Our favorites are the Boardwalk and Beach Club.

I don't understand what you mean by "requires three rooms." We've rented points for a 2 bdrm villa and it was about the same price as two rooms at a moderate resort. The advantage is that with the villa you also have a living room, full kitchen, and laundry.

Did your villa have two rooms or three?

A studio at AKL/AKV is one room.

A one bedroom suite has a bedroom and a living room for a total of two rooms. One of the couples will be sleeping in the living room.

A two bedroom suite/villa has two bedrooms and a living room for a total of three rooms.

When we have looked at having two studios vs a one bedroom the price in DVC points was the same.

The OP asked for space for two couples so I think they would want a three room aka two bedroom villa which is going to be expensive.

I just looked at DVC points for a date in OCT at AKV/AKL for five days.
A studio aka one room is 48 points for standard view.
A one bedroom aka two rooms is 100 points for stand view.
A two bedroom aka three rooms is 124 points for standard view.

They won't have much "space" in a one bedroom suite compared to just having two standard rooms and the price would be similar.

The number of points needed will depend on the time of year and day of the week but it seems to take twice as many points, aka dollars, to rent a one bedroom compared to a studio.

It might well be cheaper to rent DVC points for a three room villa compared to cash at a moderate but it would be cheaper to just rent DVC points for two studios.

Later,
Dan

We stayed at a 1-BDR at the Boardwalk Villas with a 1.5 year old (relegated to the closet), my DW and I in the king bedroom, and my MIL and FIL on the easy pull out bed in the Living Room.

If you can deal with sharing the one toilet (separate sink areas), which was not an issue for us, I found those accommodations to be ideal. We stayed the week after Easter and Disney ran a 35% off rate through the website - so you didn't have to negotiate renting points. The other DVC resorts available for 1-BDR with the same layout were AKL, WL, SSR, and OKW. For some reason, I don't think Beach Club Villas were an option.

In your case, you could split who gets which room - my in-laws preferred the separation from the toddler in the closet.

Boardwalk rocked, by the way.

Did your villa have two rooms or three?

A studio at AKL/AKV is one room.

A one bedroom suite has a bedroom and a living room for a total of two rooms. One of the couples will be sleeping in the living room.

A two bedroom suite/villa has two bedrooms and a living room for a total of three rooms.

When we have looked at having two studios vs a one bedroom the price in DVC points was the same.

The OP asked for space for two couples so I think they would want a three room aka two bedroom villa which is going to be expensive.

I just looked at DVC points for a date in OCT at AKV/AKL for five days.
A studio aka one room is 48 points for standard view.
A one bedroom aka two rooms is 100 points for stand view.
A two bedroom aka three rooms is 124 points for standard view.

They won't have much "space" in a one bedroom suite compared to just having two standard rooms and the price would be similar.

The number of points needed will depend on the time of year and day of the week but it seems to take twice as many points, aka dollars, to rent a one bedroom compared to a studio.

It might well be cheaper to rent DVC points for a three room villa compared to cash at a moderate but it would be cheaper to just rent DVC points for two studios.

Later,
Dan

I see what you mean now about the 3 rooms.

At $14/pt the 2bdrm would be around $1700 for the five days in your example, which would be pretty comparable to the price of 2 mod rooms. 2 studios would cost about $400 less. But in the 2 bdrm villa you get a living room, full kitchen (instead of 2 kitchenettes) and washer/dryer (do all the 2bdrm villas have that? I've only stayed at OKW). If the price difference were manageable I'd take the 2bdrm over 2 studios any day.

I see what you mean now about the 3 rooms.

At $14/pt the 2bdrm would be around $1700 for the five days in your example, which would be pretty comparable to the price of 2 mod rooms. 2 studios would cost about $400 less. But in the 2 bdrm villa you get a living room, full kitchen (instead of 2 kitchenettes) and washer/dryer (do all the 2bdrm villas have that? I've only stayed at OKW). If the price difference were manageable I'd take the 2bdrm over 2 studios any day.

The AKL/AKV villas should have washer and dryers but we have only stayed in s studio room. One day we might be able to buy enough points for a one bedroom suite. Maybe. :)

Later,
Dan

All DVC 1 and 2 bedroom units have a washer and dryer. With the studios, you do have free laundry facilities, just not in your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter