Best Resort For The Holidays

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by moviegirl11, Apr 6, 2007.

1. moviegirl11

moviegirl11 Mouseketeer

My DH and I are considering taking a trip to Disney World in December. We're aiming for the second week in december.

Can anyone tell me if its really busy at that time?

Also, I know all of the resorts decorate for the holidays but for anyone whose been there at that time can you say which resorts are the best in terms of decorations and an overall holiday feel?

It's just the two of us going and we're trying work out our budget to stay in a moderate or deluxe resort.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Bob P

Bob P DIS Veteran

Crowds are pretty manageable until around the 20th or so.

All the WDW resorts are amazing at Christmastime. You can't go wrong wherever you stay!

4. heatherlynn444

heatherlynn444 DIS Veteran

the GF is the best decorated for Christmas IMO. But also the wlderness lodge and AKL look beautiful from pictures I have seen. if you can't stay there, at least go take a look!

5. MissMet

MissMet DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blo

The first two weeks in Dec are my family's favorite time to go! It's so great! The crowds are wonderful. There's lower crowds the second week because the first week Reggis & Kelly are in town taping the Christmas parade, so it gets a little crazy.

I would say the best for that time is WL. We tried to stay there this past trip in Dec but we thought of it too late & they were booked (the DVC rooms) I'm sure they still had tons of reg. rooms. We ended up settling for OKW - not good for Christmas. BW is a great choice, too. :santa:

6. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

We were not able to get rooms at WL for that time period. If you are thinking about staying there, better book soon, if they have any openings.

7. Remember The Magic

Remember The Magic Mouseketeer

the grand floridian for christmas time, without a doubt. :)

8. Buzz2001

Buzz2001 CSR MAN!!

CSR for the mods!!

CSR X-mas Photos CLICK HERE