Best resort for a unique breakfast?

ChrisZ

Earning My Ears
I'm bring my gf back down to WDW in 3 weeks (just for a few days post-Carnival cruise). We've stayed at Coronado Springs, All Star Sports, and soon POR.

We fly out later in the day on a Sunday, so since I'll have a rental car - I thought it'd be fun to go to another resort to grab breakfast and explore.

Chef Mickey's was booked - so I grabbed O'hana's - but from reading online, it doesn't sound all that amazing (of course there are the characters).

Anyone have any great resort breakfast advice? ;)

Thanks in advance!

Chris :)

I personnally like the Grand Floridain Cafe. My husband had a Oriental breakfast that he said was very, very good. Another good choice is Spoodles on the Boardwalk. My persoanl favorite on the menu is the Italian. It is so good. I really like Spoodles and it is so unrated. They use to have the best buffet breakfast on property, but not that many people knew about and now they have changed it to waiter and waitress service. :sunny:

Boma at the AKL is supposed to have an incredible breakfast. I've only eaten dinner there but that was terrific. SInce you'll have a car that might be nice to try!

We really liked the Mary Poppins breakfast at the GF. The food was really good and it seemed like we got more quality time with the characters (especially the above mentioned).

The Kona Cafe at Poly has yummy Tonga Toast...every other dish that passed by us also looked delicious! This will be our "special" breakfast restaurant at Disney from now on. We have found the character breakfasts too expensive ... our kids may eat 1 doughnut!...and hubby and I tend to overeat at buffets and we don't enjoy that being "stuffed" feeling!

I think the best Breakfasts at WDW are Spoodles & Fresh. Neither are character meals, but I enjoy the mediterranean atmospheres of both. I am not a big breakfast person, so it has to be really exceptional to please me & I think both of these are.

For character breakfast, I think I'd rate 1900 Park Fare the highest of the ones that are left since I used to take my son when he was little.

We Love the O'hana character breakfast; it's a "must" for every trip. The food is served family style; scrambled eggs, Mickey waffles, fried potatoes, biscuits, bacon, juice, etc. I feel the food is very good, and the character interaction is wonderful. However, dining experiences vary, no matter which restaurant you choose. I think I've heard good and bad about all of them. Whatever you decide, have a great time!

If you're not looking for character interaction, Kona Cafe- Tonga Toast is YUM!
But if it's characters you're interested in, Cape May Cafe is a nice buffet breakfast, and one of the most beautiful resorts on property. After breakfast you can walk off the meal and tour the great resort too.

we had a really fun brkfst at WCC that was a highlight of our trip. the all you can eat skillet( basic eggs, meats, waffles, biscuits and gravy, sweet bread,potatoes,think that's all, www.allearsnet.com would list it) was very good and the interaction of the staff was really fun. we went around 10 and the place was really rowdy (in a fun way) but i have heard it's less active early in the am. ie.one guy had to ride a stick horse around the lobby of WL "for exercise" yelling something about "overeating" when he asked for more waffles a third time. so funny!

DisneyNutMary said:
If you're not looking for character interaction, Kona Cafe- Tonga Toast is YUM!
But if it's characters you're interested in, Cape May Cafe is a nice buffet breakfast, and one of the most beautiful resorts on property. After breakfast you can walk off the meal and tour the great resort too.

I'm not a breakfast person either, but ditto to the above. The BC is beautiful, the breakfast is excellent, and Minnie is gorgeous.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Thanks for the great feedback - we're looking for a really good breakfast (not just the normal fare). Sounds we can go without the characters and look at Fresh or Spoodles. I'm leaning toward the latter and she's towards the former (of course).

Are reservations needed?

Thanks!
Chris :)

They have the best Eggs Benedict with a side order of asparagras at the Concourse Steakhouse. They also have stuffed french toast and a giant Mickey waffle.

ChrisZ said:
so since I'll have a rental car - I thought it'd be fun to go to another resort to grab breakfast and explore.

Chris,

Unique, breakfast & explore -- Trail's End Buffeteria at Fort Wilderness.

steve

If you're looking for good food, Fresh (at the Dolphin I think). I've heard Boma has a great breakfast but I've never gotten to try it (DD has a strict NO BREAKFAST RESSIES rule! :confused3 ). AKL deffinitely has a lot more atmosphere than Dolphin.

if you can't go to chef mickey's, go to Ohana's
great food, great atmosphere, lots of fun

btw this is my 100th post!

You may want to "research" Fresh in the Search Engine and see if there's any thread in the last couple months, I thought I'd read where they changed the menu (for the worse) and it's much more like the typical buffet. You might want to ask. If it hasn't changed, I think it was much better than Spoodles. Our favorite breakfast so far was at Olivia's at OKW. But if you're looking for something really nice, I second the Grand Floridian Cafe. Like Olivia's, it's kind of one of those "hidden gems". While we've not eaten breakfast there, we've eaten there for lunch and dinner and can't wait to eat there again in November, never had a bad meal.

We really didn't care for Spoodles, although maybe we ordered the wrong thing. We also didn't think that Boma was really outstanding at all, very few choices for a buffet, and while the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe is yummy, it's very sweet, although that was also a nice breakfast and we'd eat there again. But only after we've eaten at Olivia's and Grand Floridian Cafe!!! Of the two, for something a little more 'special" I'd pick the Grand Floridian. While Olivia's has excellent food, the atmosphere is not as special.

Also, if you get the word that Fresh has not changed, that would be another one of my choices. But I'd check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter