Best resort for a girls' weekend?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by LadyLuck24, Feb 10, 2013.

1. LadyLuck24

LadyLuck24 Mouseketeer

My sister & I are tentatively planning a short (Saturday-Tuesday) trip in May. I usually rent points and stay in a villa. I would of course love to do that for this trip, but she isn't sure of her schedule yet and even if I looked now, I seriously doubt anything would be available this close to May.

So my question is---of all the moderates, which one is best for two 30-something ladies who like Deluxe, but would prefer not to spend that much :) , like to have a few drinks and lounge at the pool (so a good lounge/bar area/pool area is a must), & want pretty good counter service food at the resort? (I'm not deluding myself--I know no CS is fabulous but some is clearly better than others).

We have stayed at CSR and POR before, but years ago so I don't really remember their amenities.

2. GingerJay

GingerJay DIS Veteran

Maybe you should look into Port Orleans French Quarter? It's quaint and beautiful and the food is good at their food court :) Have fun!

3. jba2

jba2 Mouseketeer

How about the Swan/Dolphin? Not a moderate, but moderate prices with comfy beds, a nice pool and a great location.