• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort for 11 year old boy?

lor1277

Earning My Ears
I just bought into SSR, but am wondering what the opinions are about the best resort to stay with an 11 year old boy? And suggestions....

We had a great time at BWV...on the Boardwalk, within walking distance to EPCOT and street performers at night, ESPN zone restaurant. The pool had a cool slide like an old roller coaster that you slid down and came out a Clown's face. Also, there is a small arcade close to the pool area, and a Community room (forgot the name of this one) that he could pick out movies to view in the villa.

I've never been to BCV (will be going in June 06 woohoo!) but I hear that Stormalong Bay is a great pool area for kids / adults.

Good luck with your choice!
Dawna

All of them!LOL I have boys 10 & 12 and they would tell you that they like them all! We visited all of them at some point on our last vacation (before we purchased) and there were good points at each. BCV has the pool that is a waterpark, BWV has the Clown Pool and Boardwalk area, SSR has DTD and a cool pool too, OKW is tropical and laid back, and VWL has the boat to MK, the lodge and scenery, and the trail to Fort Wilderness.

BWV, SSR, and OKW have the Community Hall with games, activities, etc..., all have a game room I believe, and all of these features at the DVC are in addition to the thrill of Epcot, MK, SK, and MGM!

Have fun-you really can't go wrong, no matter what you choose. We have BCV planned for Feb., and then SSR & BWV for August. VWL really appeals to me for the Fall/winter, but it may be hard to book at those times.

Last year my children were 12 & 13 and LOVED our stay at the boardwalk.
My son loved the basketball game on the boardwalk and both kids loved the ESPN club. It is a lively place and the arcade games were fun (have him start saving his quarters now) because that part can get pricey. But it was fun and a great location. The pool was a lot of fun also. We loved going down at night and using the hot tub. The whole atmosphere is festive.
We own at Saratoga Springs but have not stayed there yet. My kids are BIG fans of Downtown Disney and since that is so close to Saratoga he might like staying there. We have pool hopped to Saratoga and the kids LOVED the pool there as well.
Happy Planning!

Thanks again for all of the info! I really feel like this is the best decision I've ever made! Sounds like my son and I have some serious vacationing to do!!! I know he'll love the ESPN Zone and he loves the arcade!

:cheer2:

Some nights they sometimes have sports figures giving autographs at the ESPN resturaunt. When you check in you should walk over and see what is going on for the time you will be there so you can plan to be there if they are doing that. Also if you want to you can google menus around the world. It gives you menus for all the disney resort and theme park resturants.

BWV is great if he really ould love the ESPN club. My son and I went there many times(he was aout 14 then) and had buffalo wings and watched all the games on tv and a fight with our hometown hero Mickey Ward. I wore a Lowell hockey shirt and wee instantly found a big group of locals that we had fun with.There is also alot going on along the boardwalk and the pool is great.If you go with BCV, the pool is better and it is only 5 minute walk to the Boardwalk across the lake or a quick boat rida across.

I would say BCV. Stormalong Bay is perfect for an 11 year old who swims well.

Wow! It sounds like no matter where I stay...we'll have a great time! I guess it's just a matter of where we stay first! Thanks again for all of the awesome info. I'm so thankful I found these boards!!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter