Best Resort CS Locations?

Beauty & the Best

Its all so magical!
We often go to the parks during the day and then take the afternoon to check out a resort & have a CS lunch.

We've tried Old Port Royale at the CBR, Capt Cooks at the Poly and the value resort food courts and we'd like to try a few more resort CS places for lunch.

What are the best places for resort counter service?? What do you recommend there?

Contempo Cafe does fantastic burgers and salads, plus the kids get a buzz out of ordering your food by computer and seeing the monorail pass by (I love the Contemporary gift shop also.)

Our definite favourite though is Gasparillas Grill at GF, we always go from MK to Gf by boat, walk to GAsparillas for a sandwich (italian meat or jerk chicken are our preferred options) sit outside to see the fireworks going up at the lunchtime shows at the Castle in the MK then take the monorail back to the park - walking at leisure through the beautiful lobby.

The Mara at AKL, because they serve the amazing butternut squash soup from Boma! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Also, Artist's Palette at SSR has a delicious turkey and brie sandwich.

I second the Contempo Cafe, and they have a great grilled mahi mahi sandwich. :thumbsup2

The Mara at AKL...I think they have the biggest variety and some different items as well. (The fried shrimp were really good) Also it is a great resort to check out and also take some time to view the animals.

I stayed at the POLY in 2006 so DH and I went to Captain Cooks alot for convenience but I was disappointed. We had been to AKL the year before in 2005 and I find the Mara to have MUCH BETTER food and selections than CC.

I would highly recommend the Contempo Cafe at Disney's Contemporary Resort and here are my two favorite items on their menu. Chicken Ceasar Salad and the Spice Crusted Mahi Sandwich.

The Mara at AKL, because they serve the amazing butternut squash soup from Boma! :lovestruc:lovestruc

I LOVE that soup and often sub it for a dessert with my meal! The African stew in a bread bowl is fantastic also! Oh and don't forget the zebra domes.

Oh wait, this CS location is terrible! Don't waste your time to go there!;):lmao:

I really like the CS at POR because along with the typical stuff like burgers, pizza etc they have pasta and salad stations where you can choose your own ingredients and have it made fresh while you wait. There are tables outside by the water which is nice also.

Another vote for Contempo Cafe!! Great salads...love the one with the grilled steak on it!

One thing I forgot to mention about the Contempo Cafe is that all their Salads are made fresh each time you order them. So they are not pre-made and sit in a fridge all day like at the other counter service locations.

Another vote for Contempo Cafe here. I agree with the posters who praised the mahi mahi sandwich and add a recommendation for the smoked turkey sandwich. It is served on crusty challah bread with Brie and apple butter.

The Mara at AKL is our favorite. I love the chicken pita. However, didn't like the butternut squash soup. I didn't know it was so sweet and couldn't eat it. It made me sick so I gave it to DH who loved it.

I think the POR food court is really good with alot of choices and the Pepper Grill at CSR has alot of options. We find the food at both places to be very good.

I always find these types of threads interesting. I was not thrilled with Contempo Cafe at all or the counter service at SSR. I like Pepper Market ( it has so many choices and is really good) and POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter