1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Best Remy experience

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by FJS961, Sep 14, 2013.

1. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

I am just off a 4 night Dream cruise and had the best culinary experience at sea to date. Upon boarding, I spoke to a very nice Remy server in the Concierge lounge named Arnaud. He promptly made sure I was set with 3 Remy dinners and that he would be our primary server.

On the first night, I had the Sauver (french chef menu) with wine pairing and it was fantastic. On the second night I had the Gout (American chef menu) with that pairing and although there were a couple of great dishes it certainly fell short of the first night for me. Being the menu is fairly limited, Arnaud told me he spoke to the head chef (Patrick Albert) and they were planning something special for me the third night. I was asked to trust them and did not order anything. He managed to bring me different fantastic dishes that were 'off menu'. I believe a couple were his favorites from the a la carte that were not on the other 2 tasting menus and a couple he said were not even on the menu. Since there are only 2 deserts, he brought me the desert from brunch/lunch for variety. The sommelier suggested that since I had tasted all the pairing wines that I let him choose a bottle of equal value ($200) and it was the best wine I ever tasted. What a special experience!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Awww.... Sounds amazing!!!! Lucky you!!! So jealous. Remy blows Palo out of the water. Glad you had such a nice time!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

4. disneywonderfun

disneywonderfun DIS Veteran

Good to know you had a great time! We are off to the Fantasy is three weeks. Already have Remy planned!

DWF

5. jedijill

jedijill <font color=red>Chiefs fan living in Bronco countr

Love Remy! I planned my whole next cruise just to have my birthday dinner at Remy! Planning on trying to get another dinner reservation when I get on board.

Jill in CO

6. MomsOf2boys

MomsOf2boys <font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing

I'm a little nervous to try Remy. We are not familiar with that type of food and fancy dining. Palo is comfortable for us but Remy is definitely out of our normal.

7. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ <font color=green>It could end up curdled<br><font

Not to worry -- they won't "weird you out" with octopus pudding or anything like that.

This is Disney, not high-end snobbery. Think of the words to the song "be our guest" and kick it up a notch. In a relaxing way, of course.

8. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

Chef Patrick. Is wonderful, he put together something special for us when we did our Remy Lunch. He remembered us from earlier in the morning when we toured the restaurant. He also signed the bottle of champagne we bought in the restaurant. :)

9. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

Are there any vegeterian options in Remy for brunch or dinner. Dh and I love fancy dining and we ADORE Palo but I do not eat most of the things on the Remy menu but usually love vegetarian options. However, I REALLY want to try Remy on the Dream in March when we go. Anyone ever experience a vegetarian meal in Remy?

10. faithfullyeeyore

faithfullyeeyore Some of the best moments in life are the ones you

Armoud is our absolute favorite server!!! We have had him twice now and he remembered us from having us a year before! He and Chef Patrick go above and beyond Disney excellence. We have dined at Remy three times, once before the menus changed. I encourage everyone to go, even with allergies or gluten issues. They will work with you and provide an experience that will never be forgotten. Love to all Remy staff!

11. FJS961

FJS961 DIS Veteran

It really was a major highlight of my no kids / no wife getaway

12. sambycat

sambycat DIS Veteran

Yes. Let them know ahead of time. I haven't had a vegan meal there yet but vegetarian is a breeze and was fantastic. You can google up some trip reports with pictures of a vegetation meal at remy. :thumbsup2

13. adriver

adriver Earning My Ears

We did chef's table at Victoria and Alberts...I assume Remy would be the same type of experience. After all, Chef Scott Hunnel trained the chefs at Remy on Fantasy. WE are very excited :)