Best refillable water bottle to bring?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend a lightweight water bottle that would keep water cold? I currently have a bubba sport bottle with a straw and I do love it. The only problem is it's quite heavy to carry around and sometimes leaks if I were to say put it in a bag while going on a ride. There are so many on the market so but I wasn't sure which one would be the best to carry around. Is there was a lightweight bottle that would keep water cold/cool that we could each carry?

I recommend a collapsible water bottle. Not sure how well they keep water cool. But an option would be to fill it with ice to drink as the ice melts.

I like my tervis water bottle for insulation, but it's not light. It can leak if it's not screwed on just right.

Long time ago on the podcast the group was raving about the hydroflask. Not sure how light it is but any thing thats going to keep something cold is going to have to have some sort of insulation or be double walled.

We carried Brita filter bottles that removed the WDW funk and if we had ice it went into the bottle. We got some insulated sleeves for them but it did help much.

Last edited:

I love my Kleen Kanteen for keeping drinks cold. It is made of stainless steel though so it isn't the lightest bottle available. In the parks, we used a hard sided Brita filter bottle. I didn't care about it keeping water cold since we drank it so fast it never had a chance to get warm.

I recommend any with a filter in them, then you can just keep getting free ice water and get that extra filtration. for some that is not enough and they really can't take the taste of the water (btw, disney heavily heavily heavily filters the water they cook and use for beverage machines. not for the sink or shower tough, that is filtered but nowhere near as well as food service.).

Maybe a frozen Dasani water bottle could work.

I recommend any with a filter in them, then you can just keep getting free ice water and get that extra filtration. for some that is not enough and they really can't take the taste of the water (btw, disney heavily heavily heavily filters the water they cook and use for beverage machines. not for the sink or shower tough, that is filtered but nowhere near as well as food service.).

Is the free ice water from the beverage machine so its at least somewhat filtered? We bring our empty funtainer cups to 6 flags in Texas and always just get water from anywhere that has a beverage machine, which is what we'd like to do there! Wondering if we need to do filter bottles instead.

Is the free ice water from the beverage machine so its at least somewhat filtered? We bring our empty funtainer cups to 6 flags in Texas and always just get water from anywhere that has a beverage machine, which is what we'd like to do there! Wondering if we need to do filter bottles instead.

same idea, it's coming from the locations and the machine that does fountain drinks but it's also filtered before that machine as well. Many still don't like it and I understand, I don't really like local tap water filtered or not whenever I travel somewhere. (although interesting fact that a lot of bottled water is florida filtered tap water but they get it even better)

Thanks! Thinking we will be fine. We drink tap water in Texas and the kids and husband don't complain :)

Thanks! Thinking we will be fine. We drink tap water in Texas and the kids and husband don't complain :)

Have you ever drank the fluid they call "tap water" in WDW? A lot of people say Its really bad.

When people say they have no problem with WDW "water" I can only assume they are Aliens from another planet. :)

Oh and before this turns into a "water war" yes the water is safe to drink, it just has an overpowering smell and taste that some people, like me, can't handle.

But for reference. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=orlando water tastes terrible

And I wish I was drinking that horrible fluid right now. :)

Last edited:
same idea, it's coming from the locations and the machine that does fountain drinks but it's also filtered before that machine as well. Many still don't like it and I understand, I don't really like local tap water filtered or not whenever I travel somewhere. (although interesting fact that a lot of bottled water is florida filtered tap water but they get it even better)

When they filter the normal "tap water" for bottled water they use processes like Reverse Osmosis and distillation. Things that are harder to do at the tap end of things. WDW probably just filters it through much simpler filters that use activated carbon.

Last edited:
Have you ever drank the fluid they call "water" in WDW?

When people say they have no problem with WDW "water" I can only assume they are Aliens from another planet. :)

haha no i haven't!! I'll keep mulling it over :) I can't seem to find a stainless bottle with a filter, and Id much prefer that, the water being ice cold seems to make more of a difference in taste than anything!

My fiancé got a Brita filter bottle from work and it did the job. The water doesn't stay super cold, but it's not bad. Also not too expensive. I wanted to splurge on a Hydroflask but the Brita bottle worked well enough.

When they filter the normal "tap water" for bottled water they use processes like Reverse Osmosis and distillation. Things that are harder to do at the tap end of things. WDW probably just filters it through much simpler filters that use activated carbon.

RCID water comes from the aquifer via 9 artisan wells on property and treated locally. Disney is the water company it's not something treated and piped over to disney but we all know it's huge so it's not exactly fully filtered to begin with.

I don't actually know the setup at each location to say exactly how they do it. tiffins however loves to talk about their above all else water filter system.

haha no i haven't!! I'll keep mulling it over :) I can't seem to find a stainless bottle with a filter, and Id much prefer that, the water being ice cold seems to make more of a difference in taste than anything!

It being cold does help, but one year before the Brita and Bobble Bottles were out we used a larger camping filter bottle to process the "water" into other water bottles. You need something with Activated Carbon.

You are not going to really find a SS filter bottle since you usually have to squeeze the bottle to get the water through the filter. It would need some sort of pump.

Thank you everyone! Especially the people that mentioned the filtering. I tend to have stomach issues the first full day I'm there. I'm wondering if it's the water that is doing it. We usually have bottled but if I get water at a restaurant that usually isn't. Thank you!

My family literally refills Dasani water bottles each day in the park water fountains or ask for ice water in the quick service locations for free. Free + cold = perfection.

The kids use thermos funtainers, and I have a contigo insulated water bottle. The taste doesn't bother us, as long as it's cold, so we find insulated bottles to be worth the extra weight (they also mostly stay in the stroller).

We use the thermos double insulated. Keeps the water ice cold in summer. They aren't the lightest but it's the eater that is making them heavy. And they don't leak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter