Best prices for onsite hotels

Winter921

Earning My Ears
:grouphug: Okay, I have decided to stay on property at Disney, now how do I go about getting the best price/deal for the room, and is there a better time to book. If I wait will I see better deals?

Hi! It depends on when you are planning your trip and if you want a package including tickets, dining, etc. It sound as if you are looking for discounted room prices and in that case it usually pays to book a room separately from your ticket purchase, etc. There are often discounts available to those with AAA membership and also for those with Annual Passes to WDW. Codes come up for those of us without special connections periodically...watch Mousesavers.com, this site, and your local newspaper travel section closely for these. I personally would go ahead and book a room (one night's deposit required with 100%return if canceled within 5 days of trip) now and watch for a discount to apply later to your reservation if possible. That way you have the room you want when you want it and you know up front what the cost is if a discount doesn't come up for you. I've even heard of some people who book a value resort as well as a more expensive resort in hopes of a discount. If none comes up, they cancel the more expensive reservation!

Good luck and stick with these boards...they offer amazing resources!!! :D

Hi there,

First Disney offers seasons, value, regular and peak. They also offer different category resorts. Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Home Away from Home.

There are a lot of deals but, imo, it is best to book as it is and then have a discount applied if it is available.

My suggestion is to start with what time of year you want to go then which level resort you wish to stay. You can check disney's website to find out which dates are which seasons.

We really need to go budget this year so we are going during value season. I had wanted to do early nov as in the past that was value but not anymore. My son turns 3 in nov so we are going prior so he is still free.

I just got a quote for All Star Movies, a value resort. The dates I selected are Sept 29-Oct 4. 6 days/5 nights.

I selected the MYW Hopper tickets for 5 days plus the dining option. Again, imo, you can't beat $35 for each adult and $10 for my DD who will be 5.

Anyway, the total package price is $1503.01

I asked if we could get a AAA discount or if I bought an AP if there would be a discount. I was told you can get a discount on room only but no package. If you do room only you do not get the dining option.

I priced this online before too and its the same.

Good luck. I hope this gives you some starting ideas.

Greetings, Winter921. One of the best things you can do is go to mousesavers.com, click on Walt Disney World, then Resorts, and look through all the information on discounts. Disney value resorts are available for $49 a night during certain seasons if you have a Disney Visa, are a Florida Resident, or sometimes with a special postcard offer from Disney. Occasionally there are discount codes posted for the general public at $59 up to $75. Keep an eye on that Mousesavers site for the best offers available. Discounts are also available at certain times for the moderate and deluxe resorts, too.
They usually aren't available during peak seasons (spring break, summer, holidays), but if you can travel during off-season, you're bound to find some good deals. If you see a good discount code, reserve your room immediately, as they have a limited number of rooms available at those discounts. If an even better deal pops up later, you can call back and have the better rate applied to your reservation.
Good luck on getting a good rate. :earboy2:

Thank you everyone who offered help. I guess I should have been more clear. We are planning to go the beginning of June, as I have older kids who cant afford to miss too much school.

Winter921 said:
Thank you everyone who offered help. I guess I should have been more clear. We are planning to go the beginning of June, as I have older kids who cant afford to miss too much school.

We'll be there the last week of May (kids get out the 24th, we're with Mickey on the 25th!). I feel like there will probably be discounts available for early June...maybe as soon as in the next few weeks. So keep watching discount boards and Mousesavers as well as the bigger newspaper Sunday travel sections for general public room codes. Good luck! :D

jeepgirl30 said:
I asked if we could get a AAA discount or if I bought an AP if there would be a discount. I was told you can get a discount on room only but no package. If you do room only you do not get the dining option.
If you book through AAA directly you can get a discounted rate on the room part of a package. Several posters have reported saving 10-15% on the room portion, which is the same discount you get when booking room only. It varies by "season" and resort category.

The AAA packages are a good deal with the dining. If you're not getting the dining, there's no reason to book a package anyway. :)

For us, an AP rate (or general public code, if we get lucky) would still be a better deal than AAA with or without dining, even if we have to buy an annual pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!