Best Price You've Ever Gotten for Verandah

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
What's the best price anyone has ever gotten for a verandah for a family of 4, 7 day eastern? I'm looking for a ballpark for two adults and two teens. I've already gotten sample rates from Costco of around $8,500, but we're not going until July '07. What they quoted me was for '06 and it's hard to get a good picture because it was without the early booking discount since we're already 12 months out.

Do you know what the early booking discount is? And...how early is early? THanks

The earlier you book, the more probability you have of getting the early booking discount. To increase your chances, book as soon as the rates come out. The closer you get to the sailing date, the higher the prices go. Rates for '06 came out September of last year. I was told by DCL that '07 prices could come out anytime between September to November of this year.

As for how much of discount you get, I'm not sure if it goes by a certain percentage or dollar amount. Someone else on the boards may know. :)

What category have you been pricing on the Verandah? That can make a BIG difference.

When are you going? That also makes a big difference in price.

We just booked a Cat. 6 for January 28, 2006, 7-night Western for $3,519. That's for two adults and DD 6.

We're going July '07, so prices aren't out yet. That's why I had to get quotes for July '06. I just wanted a baseline to work with but I don't know how close what I was quoted would be to the actual cost taking into consideration the discount for early booking for '07.

When I priced our cruise last fall as soon as the dates came out, a verandah would have cost us almost $5,000 for a family of four. That is for 2 adults, 1 teenage and 1 11 yo. We could not afford that, so we booked an inside deluxe, cat. 10 and the cost was $3200. That does not include transfers or insurance. Hope that helps. I booked the first week the new rates for 06 came out.

That helps a lot! I don't want to pay more than $5,500 for the cruise itself (meaning just the stateroom) if at all possible. Gotta make sure we budget for our stay at the Beach Club at WDW. :goodvibes

When you are ready to book, be sure and contact Dana at Cruise Planners. She is great and beat all prices I could find. I had at least 6 quotes and she was the cheapest. Always Costco had the best prices, but she beat Costco's by a couple of dollars, so I went with her. Plus, I like calling her up and talking with her. She is very knowledgeable regarding disney cruises, unlike most of the reps at Costco.

I keep hearing about Dana at Micdan? Is this the same Dana and is it the same company or no? Thanks for your help. :)

Yes, it's the same Dana. She is my TA and she is great, very upbeat. I saved around $500 booking with her.

:thewave:

I paid just over 6000 for cat 5 for 3 but that was for Easter 2006. It is supposed to be one of the most expensive weeks out of the year. (Don't tell my dh that, he has no clue) 8500 sounds high.

Jackie :flower:

ImMarcik said:
Yes, it's the same Dana. She is my TA and she is great, very upbeat. I saved around $500 booking with her.

:thewave:

Thanks Jackie, I appreciate you letting me know. Adding her to my list of TAs to contact as soon as prices come out.

For our Dec.24th 2005 Eastern 7 night, Costco cost us $7,162...myself, DH and DSs 13 and 20. This was for a Cat.6 deck 6 verandah room. I booked for Dec. 05 in Sept. 04.

I booked on board for sept 30 2006 Eastern, family of four for 3900 cat 6 summer was going to be 7700 so we passed on that!

I booked our Western 7-night 5/27/06 cruise back on January 29, 2005 for a family of 4 - DS(10), DS(6), me and DH for $4800 for a category 6 Verandah. I looked recently and the prices went up about $2600 since I booked it just 6 months ago. Makes me feel great that I booked so early. It's our first DCL
TTFN,
TiggerInNY:flower:

Hmmm, looks like a verandah might be out of our budget unless a CAT 7 is that much lower. We'll see....

We have 1 of these booked. It is considered a Cat7 (the closed-in navigator-type), but is an open verandah with an obstruction. I think there are 4. They book up quickly also. They used to be Cat 5 or 6, but were downgraded as are obstructed. Some other sites have some great pics of these. For the price savings we can live with the obstruction to get a verandah!

castillo mom: The "true" Cat 7 only sleep 3, so for your family, yu'd have to get one of the reclassified Cat 5s. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter